Near-Holiday Venting Thread

LowerCaseRepublican

I know we're all harboring a bit of ye old anger about stuff today so I wanted to make a thread to get all the stories out and perhaps feasible ideas from others on how to handle these situations.

And of course, I'll start.

I have a curriculum and instruction class that meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The professor in the class is very understanding and easygoing about class but he has set due dates and they are clearly established in our syllabus and in class.

A group of students from our class did a journal assignment. A majority of the class said "Well, it is just Prof. Woods so he won't care when we turn it in." He gets a bit upset. Then this week we have a portfolio assignment due Thursday...The little s***s in our class actually tell him "Prof. Woods, we can't have this assignment due Thursday because we've got our big bar crawl tonight & we're gonna be in no shape to do anything tomorrow!"

1) they never bothered to look in the f***ing syllabus or ask anybody

2) what f***ing balls to say that being drunk/hungover is a legit excuse not to complete an assignment

In the class when they asked, I loudly said "What the f***? f***ing read the goddamn syllabus or better yet f***ing ask. Christ, you can't sit down and write 6 paragraphs and print out 3 more forms we already have done in the next 48 hrs (that was the assignment). Sit the f*** down, shut the f*** up and do the f***ing assignment. f***ing prioritize. And if you don't like it, f*** you."

Of course, the Professor heard me and said "What should we do if a student says "f*** you" about somebody in the class?" Then later on just told me and the class that if we have those feelings, just be a little quieter when airing them.

Anyway I'm just mad as a hatter at my classmates treating a great professor like a pile of s***. Anything you all want to vent about?!

I'm sick of terrible commercials.

"Every kiss begins with Kay." Oh so i have to buy a chick thousands of dollars of jewelry for her to love me? Get real.

There's that direct tv commercial where the little boy wants his dad to read him a bed time story, but the dad is watching football. the kid says "oh, football" with disappointment. what do you mean "oh, football"? congratulations dad, your son is a loser.

All these car commercials with bows on top of them. Who gives cars for christmas? I can't imagine this happens all the time. Gee i don't know what to get him/her, so i'll just buy em a Lexus. Last time i checked, people don't buy cars at the drop of a hat.

Ebay. This "it" thing is out of control. They show a guy grilling "it." Who buys meat on Ebay? Don't be ridiculous.

I'm sure there's more, but those are just off the top of my head.

I'm sick of this school. I can't even get into the major I want unless I get accepted into the business college, you need around a 3.3 GPA to be accepted. So while my gpa is around there now, it could take a hit if i don't bust my ass during finals and come up with some grades this semester. I will be applying next semester so this is the last set of grades that the business college people will look at on my application.

I guess all of it could be a good thing in the end if I do end up getting accepted, but right now, this is alot of pressure on top of regular finals.

I hate people that take 3 weeks to update their blog!

Seriously, though, my family and I had an appointment to get pictures taken at 5:00 last night. We got there at 4:55. No problem, right? Nope, they were an hour and 15 minutes behind. They have a big sign that says "Please be patient, we work on baby time!" Well, f*** you, maybe you shouldn't schedule whole families in 15 minute blocks and take 6 different poses! All the while saying you'll take walk-ins! It's a f***ing schedule people, stick to it! Maybe the reason you're on "baby time" and those babies are so difficult is because they've had to wander around the Housewares department for the last 75 minutes! I hate stupid people!

QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
I hate people that take 3 weeks to update their blog!

Seriously, though, my family and I had an appointment to get pictures taken at 5:00 last night. We got there at 4:55. No problem, right? Nope, they were an hour and 15 minutes behind. They have a big sign that says "Please be patient, we work on baby time!" Well, f*** you, maybe you shouldn't schedule whole families in 15 minute blocks and take 6 different poses! All the while saying you'll take walk-ins! It's a f***ing schedule people, stick to it! Maybe the reason you're on "baby time" and those babies are so difficult is because they've had to wander around the Housewares department for the last 75 minutes! I hate stupid people!

my gf works in a department store as one of those picture takers, i don't envy her job one bit. Especially around this time.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
my gf works in a department store as one of those picture takers, i don't envy her job one bit.  Especially around this time.

I don't either. I'm sure it's a corporate decision to schedule people every 15 minutes and to encourage us to do 5 more poses even though we were more than happy with the 1st one. I think if the photographer would have dropped the salesman bit they could have picked up some lost time with us.

With one week left of classes I am suddenly deluged by students who are missing grades on blackboard or want to protest their grades. They took some of those tests in friggin AUGUST.

Oh, and students who won't come to any of my office hours, but won't come to discuss their grades before 8:30 classes or after 4 classes. If it's that important you can drag your ass out of bed 15 minutes early. . .Or hold off on your binge drinking for another 15 minutes. . .

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
With one week left of classes I am suddenly deluged by students who are missing grades on blackboard or want to protest their grades. They took some of those tests in friggin AUGUST.

Oh, and students who won't come to any of my office hours, but won't come to discuss their grades before 8:30 classes or after 4 classes.  If it's that important you can drag your ass out of bed 15 minutes early. . .Or hold off on your binge drinking for another 15 minutes. . .

What is your masters and/or BA in?