Political News: 11/27-12/3

Balta1701

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, guys.  She represents fighting a president with failed policies, a failed war, a failed domestic agenda, a thief (don't forget, it should be president Gore), and everything abysmal going on in our country.  She lost her son, for crying out loud, for NOTHING, all over a bunch of lies.

She deserves more respect then this.

Check it out, Kapkomet and I finally agree on something!

:cheers

Here. I think you’ll find this link helpful, cause I know you must be getting awfully tired of all the pimpin’ and whorin’ talk about just one woman.

Gold Star Families for Peace

Why don’t you contact some of these families – there’s a nice selection of mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers – who’ve lost loved ones in the war. Each of you can give ‘em a big ol' piece of your mind. Better yet, why not search some out, go knock on their doors, and say those vile things to their faces. And be sure to wear your combat ribbons when you go, ya hear?

Don’t worry. They’re probably all whores, pimps or mindless puppets, just like Cindy. Go get ‘em, big guys.

P.S., Now that well over a majority of the population wants the troops home next year, you're going to be pretty busy calling everyone out.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
meh, Germany will probably just give in to their demands.

Because. . . ? What exactly changed since earlier today when the new German foreign minister said in this reference to the German woman and her driver who went missing in Iraq Friday:

"The German government refuses to be blackmailed," Steinmeier said referring to a video obtained by ARD public German television, in which the alleged kidnappers reportedly said the two will be killed unless Germany ceases its dealings with the Iraqi government.

Or are you saying that the German government is just talking s***? Like when the Preznit says "We don't torture"?

http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/11/29/100805.shtml

opinionjournal.com has the full article from the WSJ, but you have to log in...

some interesting stats i never heard in the news...

I read your linked summary. Didn't find the whole speech. Didn't see any plan. Does Joe have a plan? What is Joe's plan?

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
I read your linked summary.  Didn't find the whole speech.  Didn't see any plan.  Does Joe have a plan?  What is Joe's plan?

His plan is to win, just like our President. We won't retreat - that'd be a victory for the terrorists. We'll stay until we win. (No, I don't know what "Winning" over there means either).

This country has always been divided, there are always going to be people who are pissed off about something.

Use our fav team as an example. We just won the world series, things were going good, and still people wanted to criticize KW, Ozzie, Paulie, etc etc. There is always going to be multiple sides of stories and throw some crackpots in the mix and you have the USA.

Yes, there will always be dissention. But there is a certain stigma - there can't be two sides to any story, it's MY understanding and YOUR understanding, and there's no middle ground or independant thinking anymore.

It's the spoonfed blogged society - and then digging in to defend a stance, right or wrong.

It starts with our President, and works through our representatives in Congress, and goes all the way down to the local levels of government, and then consequentially all the way down to us stupid fools on a baseball message board.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/sns-a...epagetravel-hed

WASHINGTON -- A basketball-sized piece of marble molding fell from the facade over the entrance to the Supreme Court Monday, landing on the steps near visitors waiting to enter the building.

No one was injured when the stone fell.

Alas, the chunk of marble didn't land on Justice Scalia. :lolhitting

Edited by Balance

I think the real question is, will this article mark the return of Joementum?

Cause I've been missing that lately.

Back in, well whenever it was that Joe was the Veep candidate – an acquaintance said to me, “I never thought I’d live to see the day when the name ‘Hadassah’ and ‘wife of the vice presidential candidate’ were uttered in the same breath.” :cheers

Time magazine Baghdad bureau chief Michael Ware on Morning Sedition this morning:

I and some other journalists had lunch with Senator Joe Lieberman the other day and we listened to him talking about Iraq. Either Senator Lieberman is so divorced from reality that he's completely lost the plot or he knows he's spinning a line. Because one of my colleagues turned to me in the middle of this lunch and said he's not talking about any country I've ever been to and yet he was talking about Iraq, the very country where we were sitting.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Breaking: Tim Spicer stonewalling Civilian Iraq shootings inquiry?

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/11/28.html#a6099

I was right about a story breaking today, but it wasn't even the info I thought was going to break.

Uhhm. . .

Monday, November 28, 2005

Breaking: Tim Spicer stonewalling Civilian Iraq shootings inquiry?

:)