Political News: 11/27-12/3

Balta1701

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
Disgusting, this has seriously just become about slander, rudeness and demeaning the other side.

Absolutely repulsive.

Let me tell you whats repulsive. Repulsive is a political party manipulating a mothers loss and turning her into a media puppet just so they can knock a point or 2 off Bush's approval rating. Next thing you know they're gonna get a hold of her son's remains and parade them in front of the gates of the Bush ranch. Anything they can to score a few points politically.

This is what you get when a political party is totally bankrupt in terms of ideas. They resort to stunts like this. Its a shame that they can find people who will participate willingly in this sort of nonsense.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
Let me tell you whats repulsive.  Repulsive is a political party manipulating a mothers loss and turning her into a media puppet just so they can knock a point or 2 off Bush's approval rating.  Next thing you know they're gonna get a hold of her son's remains and parade them in front of the gates of the Bush ranch.  Anything they can to score a few points politically.

Yep. But for s***'s and giggles.. let's attack her anyway.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
Why not?  She's a willing participant.

Wow..

Her's is a pair of shoes I hope I never have to try on.

I certiantly would never even try to imagine how I would react in her situation.

Or berate her for it.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
Why not?  She's a willing participant.

How would you feel about it if Ms. Sheehan's place was occupied by Ms. Nuke Cleveland? She may have had a different political outlook than yours, but she is the mother of one of your 'brothers in arms'.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
Soxy, I thought that maybe the first sentence of my post was what you found objectionable.  It was an honest mistake, if you take it into the context of a message board.  I do sincerely apologize.

No, I found objectionable Kap's post (which was "serious" except maybe the part about Al Gore, which sounded pretty mocking) and Nuke's reply. Initially I was going to put something in my post about how really only one person on this board could make any judgements about a grieving parent--but I figured why make it personal to you?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
No, I found objectionable Kap's post (which was "serious" except maybe the part about Al Gore, which sounded pretty mocking) and Nuke's reply. Initially I was going to put something in my post about how really only one person on this board could make any judgements about a grieving parent--but I figured why make it personal to you?

I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thank you.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)

The Al Gore line was sarcastic. That should have been green.

But the rest, isn't. It's both sides of the fence. And I didn't make that very clear.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
Seems more like the Democrats taking advantage of someone that is attempting to deal with  a horrible loss in their life.

Yup all those prominent, potentially America leading Democrats were all about propping up her battle.

Edited by KipWellsFan

Of course, that number 10,000 is actually half of the military's last estimate of the total number of constantly active insurgents in Iraq, and that estimate was made nearly a year ago...and that doesn't include those many folks who give aid to the insurgents or who support their actions or who are willing to endorse violence against the Americans to get them to leave (like the Iraqi government for example.)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Of course, that number 10,000 is actually half of the military's last estimate of the total number of constantly active insurgents in Iraq, and that estimate was made nearly a year ago...and that doesn't include those many folks who give aid to the insurgents or who support their actions or who are willing to endorse violence against the Americans to get them to leave (like the Iraqi government for example.)

Of course he's wrong... because he doesn't support your views, among other reasons.

And if it's 10,000 or 20,000, it's 20,000 vs. 27 million people. The point remains the same.

The nitpicking is amazing and I'm done with all this for a while.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
Of course he's wrong... because he doesn't support your views, among other reasons.

And if it's 10,000 or 20,000, it's 20,000 vs. 27 million people.  The point remains the same.

I've been done with it for a while, Kap. It isn't worth the energy.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)

And if it's 10,000 or 20,000, it's 20,000 vs. 27 million people.  The point remains the same.

Nitpicking like say...only acknowledging the most superficial of the points I made?

YAS, Soxy, Kap. I completely agree with all of you.

Was her fight at times misguided? Yes.

Was her demands unreasonable? Maybe.

But she fought for what she thought was right. And even though she's annoying and may not know that her 15 minutes is "up." She's still fighting, and you gotta have respect for that.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
I've always felt that she allowed herself to be used by those that could for their own agenda.  I'm not going to disrespect her now that her influence appears to be on the wane.  While dealing with her heartbreak and her loss, she did what she felt was right and what she had to do.  May God be with you, Cindy.

Allowing yourself to be used it a cop-out. It just means she is weak.

Let her go annoy people on a smaller scale.