Political News: 11/27-12/3

Balta1701

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
can't remember where i got this link, hugh hewitt or wmca... but someone is trying to start a campaign to send the ACLU a christmas card... 

here's their address:  ACLU  125 Broad Street, 18th floor, New York , NY  10004

here's the link... it's a christian radio station in new york...  http://www.wmca.com/weblogs/kmc/date11302005.aspx

i was hoping this would have it's own thread... but i don't make the rules.. i just try to break 'em..

That is excellent :headbang

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
can't remember where i got this link, hugh hewitt or wmca... but someone is trying to start a campaign to send the ACLU a christmas card... 

here's their address:  ACLU  125 Broad Street, 18th floor, New York , NY  10004

here's the link... it's a christian radio station in new york...  http://www.wmca.com/weblogs/kmc/date11302005.aspx

i was hoping this would have it's own thread... but i don't make the rules.. i just try to break 'em..

There was a group that gathered a few hundred people in front of ACLU headquarters and sang Christmas Carols. I thought that was awesome.

Personally, however, Id be more inclined to leave them a burning bag of s*** in their lobby for Christmas.

Ah more fake outrage.

Here's some of the ACLU's anti-Christian court cases that they helped with since 2004.

September 20, 2005: ACLU of New Jersey joins lawsuit supporting second-grader's right to sing "Awesome God" at a talent show.

August 4, 2005: ACLU helps free a New Mexico street preacher from prison.

February 2005: ACLU of Pennsylvania successfully defends the right of an African American Evangelical church to occupy a church building purchased in a predominantly white parish.

December 22, 2004: ACLU of New Jersey successfully defends right of religious expression by jurors.

November 20, 2004: ACLU of Nevada supports free speech rights of evangelists to preach on the sidewalks of the strip in Las Vegas.

November 9, 2004: ACLU of Nevada defends a Mormon student who was suspended after wearing a T-shirt with a religious message to school.

August 11, 2004: ACLU of Nebraska defends church facing eviction by the city of Lincoln.

July 10, 2004: Indiana Civil Liberties Union defends the rights of a Baptist minister to preach his message on public streets.

June 3, 2004: Under pressure from the ACLU of Virginia, officials agree not to prohibit baptisms on public property in Falmouth Waterside Park in Stafford County.

May 11, 2004: After ACLU of Michigan intervened on behalf of a Christian Valedictorian, a public high school agrees to stop censoring religious yearbook entries.

March 25, 2004: ACLU of Washington defends an Evangelical minister's right to preach on sidewalks.

But hey, I'm sure they'll hate all the Christmas cards.

What I think is great is that Bill O'Reilly, hater of the word "holiday," had an O'Reilly Factor "holiday tree ornament" for sale on the Fox News website until two days ago when it was quickly changed to "Christmas Tree Ornament" in the middle of the night.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Ah more fake outrage.

Here's some of the ACLU's anti-Christian court cases that they helped with since 2004.

But hey, I'm sure they'll hate all the Christmas cards.

What I think is great is that Bill O'Reilly, hater of the word "holiday," had an O'Reilly Factor "holiday tree ornament" for sale on the Fox News website until two days ago when it was quickly changed to "Christmas Tree Ornament" in the middle of the night.

Furthermore...know why it was changed? Because one of those "Liberal hate websites" O'Reilly always b****es about...one of the guys doing diaries @ Kos, discovered it, posted it, and it made the rounds on those liberal websites, with each and every one of us laughing as we saw it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Furthermore...know why it was changed?  Because one of those "Liberal hate websites" O'Reilly always b****es about...one of the guys doing diaries @ Kos, discovered it, posted it, and it made the rounds on those liberal websites, with each and every one of us laughing as we saw it.

Why are we as society so petty about this kind of s***?

I have often posted here about how I feel themedia is quick to point out the ® in politicians when they are accused of wrongdoing, and ignore the (D) when they are accused. Here is a story that seems to take it to a new level.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051128/pl_af...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

The sample line I am complaining about is

Randy "Duke" Cunningham, 63, who represents    President George W. Bush's party for the California town of Escondido, pleaded guilty in court in San Diego to conspiracy and tax evasion.

WHY was that mentioned? There will always be republicans in government. 20 years from now, will they still be representing George Bush's party? This is a new low in reporting, I think.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
I have often posted here about how I feel themedia is quick to point out the ® in politicians when they are accused of wrongdoing, and ignore the (D) when they are accused.  Here is a story that seems to take it to a new level.

WHY was that mentioned?  There will always be republicans in government.  20 years from now, will they still be representing George Bush's party?  This is a new low in reporting, I think.

Blatant and unmasked attempt to tie Cunningham's corruption to Bush. And people wonder why we complain about bias in the media.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
I have often posted here about how I feel themedia is quick to point out the ® in politicians when they are accused of wrongdoing, and ignore the (D) when they are accused.  Here is a story that seems to take it to a new level.

WHY was that mentioned?  There will always be republicans in government.  20 years from now, will they still be representing George Bush's party?  This is a new low in reporting, I think.

Just out of curiosity...can you name a Democrat currently accused of the same thing?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)
Just out of curiosity...can you name a Democrat currently accused of the same thing?

Oh, they're f***ing SAINTS. We all know that.

We'll have to go to some obscure lame ass website, but I'm sure we can dig up s*** if we wanted to spend the time. If they had an "R" behind their name, it would be linked on about 6,000,000,000 mainstream media sites by now. That's the point.

Again, these assclowns ALL do it, however, the media is obsessed with making sure the "R"'s are caught first.

And no, it doesn't make it right that ANYONE does it, but the "mainstream" media makes sure that the "R"'s are reported first.

That's bulls*** and you know it. You're basically sitting there and acting as though AP reporters are rubbing their hands together saying "If I call it The President's party, this'll bring down the whole administration!"

I hear Democrats complain about media bias. I hear Republicans complain about media bias. In the end, I don't think most media is biased. Just lazy.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
That's bulls*** and you know it. You're basically sitting there and acting as though AP reporters are rubbing their hands together saying "If I call it The President's party, this'll bring down the whole administration!"

I hear Democrats complain about media bias. I hear Republicans complain about media bias. In the end, I don't think most media is biased. Just lazy.

REx, most of the time I might agree with that statement, but adding that phrase was not laziness. Whoever wrote that had an agenda, and wanted to make sure Bush's name got tied into that scandal.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)

Hear me out. If the story is sensational enough, it doesn't matter who it is.

Tom DeLay is a juicy story because he's a Republican - but according to state law AT THE TIME THE EVENTS OCCURRED, he didn't break any law. Was it bull s***? Yep. Is he slime? Yep. But he's getting dragged through the crapper because he's a Republican. Period.

And unlike Tex, who loves DeLay, I don't care for him. But his story definitely proves an example of an agenda.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
Hear me out.  If the story is sensational enough, it doesn't matter who it is.

Tom DeLay is a juicy story because he's a Republican - but according to state law AT THE TIME THE EVENTS OCCURRED, he didn't break any law.  Was it bull s***?  Yep.  Is he slime?  Yep.  But he's getting dragged through the crapper because he's a Republican.  Period.

And unlike Tex, who loves DeLay, I don't care for him.  But his story definitely proves an example of an agenda.

Actually that is incorrect as far as I know...the law Texas passed after Delay's wheelings and dealings happened basically just restated the text of an older law, which is why Earle was able to secure the indictments.