Non-IPod MP3 Players

SoxFan1

I need some help guys. I'm looking for a MP3 player that is between 5-20 GB and is campatable with Windows Media Player. I was considering getting a 5 Gb IPod Nano but I dont feel like buying every song I want to hear. I saw this one at Circuit City and it intrigued me. I'm trying to keep it under $200 but up to $250 is do-able. Any help guys and gals?

I had a Dell one (actually I had two and neither worked), after a year I finally said f*** it, and shelled out the extra cash for an ipod. My friend that had an earlier model Zen did the same thing. Neither of us have regretted the ipod decision. . .

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
So I can just sync stuff from Windows Media Player straight to the IPod???

you use the program Itunes, where you will import all the .mp3s on your computer, then the ipod works through Itunes

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
you use the program Itunes, where you will import all the .mp3s on your computer, then the ipod works through Itunes

I already have ITunes on my computer (have no clue how since I, nor anyone using this computer, has an IPod) so I can just upload the files (already mp3's) into ITunes and sync them from there?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
I already have ITunes on my computer (have no clue how since I, nor anyone using this computer, has an IPod) so I can just upload the files (already mp3's) into ITunes and sync them from there?

yes, ipods are one of the most user friendly electronics i've come across in a long while.

(I guess thats why all these sorority girls have them)

:banghead

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)

Itunes and the newest version of Quicktime come together. If you updated or downloaded Quicktime in the past year or so thats where you got it.

My Ipod is awesome, i love it. I only use it for music, but thats all I need it for. Dont worry about having to buy songs you want on your Ipod. You can download them from whatever ****** you have, buy them at the Itunes store, or download your cds. The only thing you cannot do(unless you have the proper software like me....) is take music off of your ipod and put it on your computer.

******This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, discussing of illegal activities, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
I cannot believe you didn't know that.

Lots of people also don't realize you can use the iPod hard drive to store any type of file that needs to be saved/transfered/whatever.

Yeah, but alot of people dont care unless they have copypod.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
Yeah, but alot of people dont care unless they have copypod.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Plug in your iPod, go to my computer, drag and drop files into the iPod hard drive. Useful for transferring movies from one computer to another, making a backup, whatev.

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Plug in your iPod, go to my computer, drag and drop files into the iPod hard drive.  Useful for transferring movies from one computer to another, making a backup, whatev.

You can just take files off of your Ipod and transfer them onto your computer?

Maybe we arent talking about the same thing, but my Ipod prevents me from taking anything and transferring it to my computer, hence the need for the program Copypod, which lets me "rip" files from my Ipod and transfer them to my computer.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
You can just take files off of your Ipod and transfer them onto your computer?

Maybe we arent talking about the same thing, but my Ipod prevents me from taking anything and transferring it to my computer, hence the need for the program Copypod, which lets me "rip" files from my Ipod and transfer them to my computer.

Yep. I have a 3rd gen, and it can act as a portable hard drive for any type of file. I'm pretty sure you can do it with a 4th gen as well, that's what my roommate has and he does it too.