Champion's spoils: Sox sell out 2 sections

greasywheels121

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Champion's spoils: Sox sell out 2 sections

By Mark Gonzales

Tribune staff reporter

The White Sox's bandwagon has filled up in the scout and club-level sections at U.S. Cellular Field for the 2006 season.

Brooks Boyer, the Sox's vice president of marketing, said Tuesday that all 318 seats in the scout section behind home plate and all 1,833 seats in the club level have been sold out for next season.

"I think people began to realize toward the end of last season that they were watching a successful team with a great manager (Ozzie Guillen) and exciting players at a nice ballpark," Boyer said.

In addition, the Sox have expanded their full-season ticket base to down the foul lines, and split-season ticket plans have extended to the outfield.

Meanwhile, the Sox will commemorate their 2005 season with a red-carpet event to launch their DVD "Sox Pride: The Story of the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox" at 7 p.m. Monday at the Arie Crown Theater.

Tickets are $30 and can be purchased at whitesox.com and ticketmaster.com, or at the Arie Crown box office, Chicago-area Ticketmaster outlets and through Ticketmaster at 312-559-1212.

Admission includes a copy of the DVD. Proceeds will go to White Sox Charities. Doors open at 5 p.m., and the World Series trophy will be on display.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
I'm going to miss the old days of going to the nice empty ballpark, walking up buying bleacher tickets and sitting wherever you want.  Sell outs left and right, while good for the team, will actually dissappoint me a little.  Oh well, more money for team will hopefully turn them into a perennial contender.

I hear you! Good and bad.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
I wonder if the fans will opt for the Upper Deck seats OR just stay at home if all Lower Level tickets are sold out?  I know a lot of people who didn't go to a game last year because only Upper Deck tickets were available, and they just ended up staying at home and watching the game on tv.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If the team is good again, they will come Ray. Yes, they will come.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
I wonder if the fans will opt for the Upper Deck seats OR just stay at home if all Lower Level tickets are sold out?  I know a lot of people who didn't go to a game last year because only Upper Deck tickets were available, and they just ended up staying at home and watching the game on tv.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't get that. I like the UD - the views are great from the right parts. We got split seasons in Row 1, section 522, rather than get a far-back lower deck set.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
I don't get that.  I like the UD - the views are great from the right parts.  We got split seasons in Row 1, section 522, rather than get a far-back lower deck set.

Agreed. The only thing I dislike about the UD is that there are less stores and no hall of fame for when I take out of town guests to a game. That said, a victory is just as good in the upper deck.