The Bad Music Thread

Soxy

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
I know the name, and which band you are talking about, but I have never heard that album! I will be tracking it down for sure now! Thanks for the tip!!!

Worst album of all time:

KISS - The Elder!!! Even they write it off to lots of drugs, and so does producer Bob Ezrin. It is so bad, it's the best!

No green at all, I love the song "I" from The Elder.

"World Without Heroes", on the other hand...... :puke

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
I've never understood why Huey Lewis and the News often get a bad rap. All they did was churn out some really big hits in the early 80's when for my taste there was a lot of bad music.

Just for the record, Huey Lewis was born on the same day (July 5, 1950) as myself. Yeah, I know...... :chair

I'm a big fan of them. I have every tape of theirs.

I also like They Might Be Giants, the BeeGees, Jethro Tull and yes.. I like Kelly Clarkson.

:ph34r:

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
I'm a big fan of them. I have every tape of theirs.

I also like They Might Be Giants, the BeeGees, Jethro Tull and yes.. I like Kelly Clarkson.

:ph34r:

My kids turned me on to TMBG. They're awesome. My kids have seen 'em live several times and even met them. They can be both humorous and, at least I think, musically very interesting.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
My kids turned me on to TMBG. They're awesome. My kids have seen 'em live several times and even met them. They can be both humorous and, at least I think, musically very interesting.

TMBG is NOT bad music.

Funny, clever lyrics, occasional big guitar chords......and accordians......

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
I'm not a fan of TMBG at all. I think it's mainly his voice. But I have never understood their popularity.

For me, it's the catchy melodies and humorous/clever lyrics. The nasal vocals actually fit well IMO. I generally don't worry too much about the singer's voice, unless it's someone like Justin Hawkins who turns an otherwise very good band into a bad joke.

Most of the bands I like don't have what would be considered "good singers". Lemmy, for example, sings like a growling stomach, but fits Motorhead's style perfectly.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
For me, it's the catchy melodies and humorous/clever lyrics. The nasal vocals actually fit well IMO. I generally don't worry too much about the singer's voice, unless it's someone like Justin Hawkins who turns an otherwise very good band into a bad joke.

Most of the bands I like don't have what would be considered "good singers". Lemmy, for example, sings like a growling stomach, but fits Motorhead's style perfectly.

I've seen TMBG's three times (the first being awesome, the last two sucking) and heard all of their albums. They're clever and have a great sense of music, melody, and production. I can understand people disliking the vocals.

Apollo 18, Sexxy, and Lincoln are great albums.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
thanks, I haven't listened to the albums since i got a job and stopped getting acne.

hehe... it was a test.

you passed.

nerd

Albums?

You just passed your old person test.

Congrats.

gramps

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Albums?

You just passed your old person test.

Congrats.

gramps

from the Billboard website.

"R&B/Hip-Hop albums artist of the year: Usher"

"Billboard 200 duo/group album artist of the year: OutKast"

"Billboard 200 album of the year: "Confessions," Usher (Arista)"

albums are the snobby reference to a record or cd

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
You shouldn't feel guilty about HORSE.

hmmm...yes i should...while having come to accept that i genuinely like cutsman...the f***ing bunnies song is just terrible...and i still listen to it for shock