Official: Konerko Signs With White Sox

knightni

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an email from the Sox so its really officially official.Woo hoooooooooooo . Add Bmac and let the kids Anderson, Owens and Young fight it out for centerfield.

Who's got a big red cherry nose ?

Kenny's got a big red cherry nose,

Who laughs this way Ho Ho Ho ?

Kenny laughs this way Ho Ho Ho.

Cap on head , suit thats red, special night, beard thats white , Ho Ho Ho, cherry nose.

Must be Kenny , must be Kenny, must be Kenny , Kenny Claus.

Ok im Delirious.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
He is earning more respect everyday from me..

People just think of the 3-4-5..

DYE

Paulie

Thome..

Can anyother team be able to match that?

I still don't get why people think Dye hits 3rd and Thome 5th, considering how much better a hitter Thome is.

But no matter the order, the heart of our lineup is looking damn good right now.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
I still don't get why people think Dye hits 3rd and Thome 5th, considering how much better a hitter Thome is.

But no matter the order, the heart of our lineup is looking damn good right now.

PK = Protection for Dye so he gets to see much better pitches.

Thome = Protection for PK so he gets to see much better pitches.

Thome is a guy who doesn't need protection(at least not as much as Kong and Dye) to still get his.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
where did u hear Hermy would miss the year with surgery?

Last I read, his back was making it harder and harder to pitch with any regularity. And with his age, and given the nature of lower back issues, I think it's likely. It has NOT been confirmed or reported, this is my own opinion, given his condition.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Last I read, his back was making it harder and harder to pitch with any regularity.  And with his age, and given the nature of lower back issues, I think it's likely.  It has NOT been confirmed or reported, this is my own opinion, given his condition.

gotcha.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
Yeah, I don't see us making any trades until the trade deadline. Kenny loves having flexbility at the deadline unless someone proposes a deal to us that knocks our Sox off.

Do you think last season's trouble trying to find someone to pull the trigger on a deal may change his philosophy a little? Obviously he wanted something more significant and was unable to do so, on the other hand he did win a World's championship. It would be interesting to see if it does have an effect on how he operates this season.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Do you think last season's trouble trying to find someone to pull the trigger on a deal may change his philosophy a little? Obviously he wanted something more significant and was unable to do so, on the other hand he did win a World's championship. It would be interesting to see if it does have an effect on how he operates this season.

That's a good point. Last year was the only year Kenny was unable to make an impact move at the deadline. I don't think he's just gonna assume that he'll be able to make a move before the deadline if needed. I think Kenny will handle the business before spring training this time around.