Official: Konerko Signs With White Sox

knightni

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
3-4 months is what I heard. As of Friday 11/18 he had not yet had it. I'll see if I can get an update.

thanks I would appreciate the update. I know I ask about the injuries but it's my field and my interest. If you don't want to post it for everyone you can always PM me.

As with all rehabs some go well and some don't. Most athletes are in better shape than most people and the rehab goes faster. Hermy (Schneider not Dustin) is good at what he does so I don't see many complications.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said when the sox are down more than by 2 runs..

Personally I love the strategy of bunting early in the game to get that 1st run, but after that, I think it's usefullness has been disproven, except in certain late game or 1 run scenarious.

But I for one am happy to be arguing about this! It's great to be the champs, and it's great to only be able to nitpick. Great job by KW to get Kong signed and Thome into the DH!

PK!!!!!!!! Time to do it again big man!!!

I am really glad to have you back no doubt about it. Welcome to your new role as captain!!!! YYYYES!

This leaves me a little sad since FT will no longer be with us. A great guy and an even better baseball player. I wish you nothing but the best Big Hurt. I'm gonna miss you!

I think you have to give a lot of credit for Paulie re-signing to White Sox fans who stepped up and bought season tickets at a fever clip this offseason. With the club level and scout seats sold out, these are a couple of the priciest areas and have generated some extra revenue for JR and KW to spend on players.

Yea, lost in this is the fact that Konerko was offered more money by both the Angels and the Orioles, yet decided to stay with the Sox for less.

A great guy, I only wish him the best. Konerko did a lot of talking after the WS about how he loved Chicago and could never picture himself leaving, but as we've all experienced, oftentimes this is just talk. Well, Kong walked the walk.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
Yea, lost in this is the fact that Konerko was offered more money by both the Angels and the Orioles, yet decided to stay with the Sox for less. 

A great guy, I only wish him the best.  Konerko did a lot of talking after the WS about how he loved Chicago and could never picture himself leaving, but as we've all experienced, oftentimes this is just talk.  Well, Kong walked the walk.

Did anyone know for sure that the Angels actually offered 65. I still think he got pretty much the same deal from both and in the end he stuck with the Sox (which is what I always thought would happen).

Some great quotes:

"Paul didn't decide until [Wednesday] morning," Landis said. "He stewed on it last night. Then we finalized it in the morning. Money aside, this clearly is where he wanted to be.

"Paul in the last 24 to 48 hours really came to terms with the fact that he wanted to be a Chicago White Sox," said his agent, Craig Landis. "He had a hard time turning down the chance to go back and try to win another championship in Chicago. He has loyalty to his teammates and to the fans there and feels very wanted, not just by the White Sox organization but by the whole city of Chicago. He felt that that could not be matched in other cities."

"This is where he wanted to play. He just couldn't pull the trigger elsewhere and envision himself in another uniform," Landis said. "He would be content spending his entire career in Chicago."

"Paul really did some soul-searching over the last couple of days," Landis went on. "And he started to realize that, if all else was equal, he wanted to be a member of the Chicago White Sox. He really likes it there. And just as important, he feels people like him there. He knows he has a lot of fans, and he respects that. He even talked about the fact that some kids there would be disappointed if he wasn't back there. Don't get me wrong. If it had to be that way for business, he would have gone another way. But basically, his heart was with the White Sox. And that's why he's going back. It isn't for the money."

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
f*** YES!!!!!!!!!

Thome + Konerko = new best 1-2 punch. Am I wrong?

It's pretty close. It depends on where Ramirez ends up. If he stays in Boston, then you have to go with him and Ortiz. If he goes to the Angels, i'd probably go with he and Vlad, barely.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
It's pretty close.  It depends on where Ramirez ends up.  If he stays in Boston,  then you have to go with him and Ortiz.  If he goes to the Angels,  i'd probably go with he and Vlad,  barely.

Vlad who? The guy who hit .007 in the ALCS? My money's on Thome and Kong.