Official: Konerko Signs With White Sox

knightni

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
Are you still pissed that the Sox won the World Series?  Nothing the Sox do will ever make you happy so why bother being a fan?

Konerko >>>>> Carlos Beltran, and look what Beltran got last year.

Someone is a homer? :bang

Anyways at the begining of last season I really didnt like Pauly that much and thought he was overated. But now after last season Im very glad he is back. But does anyone know the incentives that would push the contract to 65 million?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Someone is a homer?  :bang

Anyways at the begining of last season I really didnt like Pauly that much and thought he was overated.  But now after last season Im very glad he is back.  But does anyone know the incentives that would push the contract to 65 million?

Hopefully some that will keep his mouth shut.. :lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
I think Marte will go and Duque if someone is willing to eat some of that contract, outside of that I think KW is done and he did a GREAT job

For Duque to be moved, the Sox would have to pick up most of his contract and not get much back. Considering the influence he has had on Contreras, it probably wouldn't be wise to move him.

Last thing: I just want to say I never thought we'd see both Konerko AND Thome etched on the same lineup card.  In fact, I thought it was impossible.  Today, I stand corrected and I couldn't be happier.

OUR Paulie is back.

Rejoice.

We will have 3 years of the Thome-Konerko connection, possibly 4 years if Thome's 2009 option vests. Absolutely filthy.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
That's really not the right way to look at it in my opinion but it was still well worth it either way.

Well. We had to trade Haigwood and Gio to get the money, and we needed the money to resign PK. One doesn't happen without the other. If its just Aaron for Thome, there is no money, so there is no PK.

Seems simple to me!! Go PK and go KW!!!!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
I still don't see this mentioned on whitesox.com or mlb.com (I must be having browser issues or something).  Anyone have a direct link to the story on chisox' website?

Opps. A little late... mine's better anyway.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...y2005/index.jsp

Edited by IndplsSoxFan