Thank You Frank Thomas.

greasywheels121

I'm very, very happy to see that the Sox have got Paulie coming back here next year. However, having Thome and Konerko in the Sox lineup in 2006, basically ends any chance of Frank Thomas coming back to the White Sox.

He was the greatest player in franchise history, and I feel he deserves some dap for his services over the years. I kind of hope this becomes a nice little thread of Frank moments, etc. Here's a closing paragraph to a letter I wrote to him this summer, when his season ended early.

Again, I would just like to thank you for everything you have done in your fantastic career.  Get well, Frank. If you get to play baseball and I get to see it one more time, I will consider myself doubly blessed. Watching your career has been a highlight of my life. You will always be my favorite Sox player.  Still, whether you ever play baseball again, I hope you get well enough to play with your kids and have a healthy life. These things will always be more important than a kid’s game.

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank, please come back! If you're healthy, we will find a place for you in our line-up during days off, etc. and still get you 150 ABs... which means you can get about 20 more HRs this year at your current "post-injury" home run rate...do that for 3 years and you have the 500 in a Sox uniform. :P

Seriously though, I hope when his playing career is over, he comes back to the Sox family in some form or another...Big Hurt Enterprises can run the show and take over for Brooks Boyer.

Edited by heirdog

I knew this day would come one way or another. What is there to really say? The greatest offensive force in White Sox history, BY FAR. Without Frank, I'm not even sure if I ever become a Sox fan. Watching him play, especially in the early 90's, was a joy to behold. The guy has done things that few players in the history of the game have done. He is beyond a shadow of a motherf***in doubt a FIRST BALLOT hall of famer. I tip my cap to you Frank on a magnificent career. Good luck to you in whatever you do from this point on.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
I'm still holding out the ridiculous hope that he takes a crazy pay cut to stay on for us and start once or twice a week.

It's not gonna happen. Frank, if healthy, still has a lot left in the tank. He should go somewhere where he's really needed and can help somebody.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
I'm still holding out the ridiculous hope that he takes a crazy pay cut to stay on for us and start once or twice a week.

I hope so too. But if he gets a place to play more than with us, he should go. He's earned that right and no matter where he goes I'll always root for him.

Frank is the man. I'm hoping Kenny will keep him around too for insurance if Thome gets reinjured. I know it's totally illogical but I cant see him retiring no matter what all the insiders say. If he goes elsewhere then so be it. Last I heard his ankle was progressing and if he can play with relatively little pain I think he'll play again somewhere.

Frank will be the DH for a possible contender, but not ours unfortunately.

i think if it came down to spot duty for us.... and ANY situation where he can chase 500 HRs.... then it's an easy decision to make.

part of me wishes Frank would come back and be a bat off the bench... but i have to think that his departure at this point would be for the best. yes, we had a LOT of good vibes this october... but as the Red Sox can tell you, the next year it all evaporates...and i fear Frank would be doing his usual vague-whining for at-bats by May.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
Frank will be the DH for a contending team, but not ours unfortunately. 

i think if it came down to spot duty for us.... and ANY situation where he can chase 500 HRs.... then it's an easy decision to make. 

part of me wishes Frank would come back and be a bat off the bench... but i have to think that his departure at this point would be for the best.  yes, we had a LOT of good vibes this october... but as the Red Sox can tell you, the next year it all evaporates...and i fear Frank would be doing his usual vague-whining for at-bats by May.

When has Frank ever whined for at-bats?

It's wonderful that Frank got a ring, and it's a damn shame that he couldn't swing the bat at least once in the World Series for the White Sox.

I hope Frank catches on with someone ( PLEASE not an AL Central team, though ) and I REALLY hope he gets his 500 bombs and Hall Of Fame induction.

:cheers to THE GREATEST OFFENSIVE FORCE the White Sox have ever known!!!!

:notworthy BATTING THIRD FOR THE WHITE SOX.....THE FIRST BASEMAN........#35.....FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK THOMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :notworthy

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
When has Frank ever whined for at-bats?

you read that a little different than what i meant. throughout his career, he has done a 'vague-whining' thing in general. he doesnt clarify what he's being pissy about, he just does it and clams up. if you're forgetting that, then you apparently havent stopped with the champagne yet.

i like Frank and i'm not putting him down. i'm just saying that when you've been the kind of superstar he once was.... it can be a difficult transition to a lesser role.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
you read that a little different than what i meant.  throughout his career, he has done a 'vague-whining' thing in general.  he doesnt clarify what he's being pissy about, he just does it and clams up.  if you're forgetting that, then you apparently havent stopped with the champagne yet.

i like Frank and i'm not putting him down.  i'm just saying that when you've been the kind of superstar he once was.... it can be a difficult transition to a lesser role.

How else am I supposed to take that? You flat out said he would do his usual "whining" for at-bats routine come May. That's never, ever happened.