Thank You Frank Thomas.

greasywheels121

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
How else am I supposed to take that?  You flat out said he would do his usual "whining" for at-bats routine come May.  That's never,  ever happened.

how is this not getting through?

he does his "usual whining"..... this time it would happen to be for atbats. do you understand what i'm saying?

before it was because Paulie was getting attention. before it's been because he wanted to 1b and not DH, and later it was because he wanted to be DH and not 1b.

Edited by Princess Dye

and by making me explain this to you so thoroughly, you're making me seem to be a Frank-hater or something... which i dont want to be. so lets leave it be.

just realize that he has had that superstar-ego in the past... it is what it is... and my point is that a guy like that should move on in a situation like this.

for himself and for us.

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
how is this not getting through?

he does his "usual whining"..... this time it would happen to be for atbats.  do you understand what i'm saying?

before it was because Paulie was getting attention.  before it's been because he wanted to 1b and not DH, and later it was because he wanted to be DH and not 1b.

I get what you're saying now. I don't agree with any of it. You're making Frank out to be Terrell Owens. And when the hell did he ever whine about PK getting too much attention?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
And when the hell did he ever whine about PK getting too much attention?

they butted heads early in Paulie's time here... and David Wells joined in on PK's behalf, criticizing Frank's durability, if you remember that part of it.

of course Frank had the last laugh because Wells broke down too, after his own whining session.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
The greatest player to wear the silver and black......ever.

Thanks 35. :headbang

I agree.........I certainly hope that there is someway that The Big Hurt can stay with the Sox, i've always thought of him as one of the last, true, franchise players.........

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

:cheers

The hitter, the player, the man, the reason that I am a White Sox fan.

Hard as hell to see him go...but it had to happen sooner or later.

Let's all hope, for Frank, that he either retires, having played his entire career with the White Sox, or that if he were to sign elsewhere, that he would be healthy enough to put up 30 homers. And then in 2007, 20 homers. And then in 2008, 2 homers for the White Sox...and then an end to a wonderful career.

Quoted from Scott Merkin article on whitesox.com:

"If you are talking about a scenario where Paul, Jim and Frank are all under contract at the same point, that's a difficult mix to get them all enough at-bats and to keep them all sharp and productive," said assistant general manager Rick Hahn of the likelihood that Thomas would return with Konerko and Thome.

Thomas, Carl Everett and catcher Raul Casanova are the three remaining White Sox free agents. None are expected to be offered arbitration.

If the Sox acting-for-the-moment GM says this, I think you can put it on the board. Frank is gone.

:cheers to you Frank. Greatest Sox offensive machine ever. I look forward to seeing you in Cooperstown with your Sox hat on.

I am very sad to see you go Big Frank. I hope nothing but the best for you where ever you are. You are the reason sox fans are well...sox fans. You are a White Sox for life in my book. You are the best hitter in White Sox history and at your best one of the elite in the history of baseball. Thanks for the memories Big Hurt.

To #35 :cheers

Thanx Big Hurt for being the best offensive presence in White Sox history. You will be missed. Good luck in Anahiem, Oakland, Minnesota or Cleveland or wherever life has you headed next. Soon we will see #35 on the outfield wall next to the other greats! And your statue will be bigger than life- just like you were ;)

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Thanx Big Hurt for being the best offensive presence in White Sox history. You will be missed. Good luck in Anahiem, Oakland, Minnesota or Cleveland or wherever life has you headed next. Soon we will see #35 on the outfield wall next to the other greats! And your statue will be bigger than life- just like you were ;)

Please god, don't let end up in Cleveland. It's gonna be hard enough to hold them off.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
Please god,  don't let end up in Cleveland.  It's gonna be hard enough to hold them off.

I'm guessing Oakland. Since Anahiem is now leaning toward Piazza. However, Cleveland and Minnesota both want power. I would hate to see him on one of our divisional foes.

Frank has always been my fave Sox player, and I doubt anyone will ever take that place in my heart. While I'm so happy we got Thome and Paulie, I'm honestly saddened that we most likely won't be seeing Frank again.

Frank, you're my boy, I love you man, good luck. You will be missed greatly.

If it's true that the Sox won't offer arbitration to Frank, that means they can't re-sign him until after May 1. So that means this is likely the end, and that's a pity.

Frank, you're by far the greatest hitter in White Sox history. And for close to a decade there, you were one of the greatest hitters in baseball history. You are definitely a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer. I look forward to your induction, complete with a White Sox cap, in a few years. I hope you can get healthy and reach your goal of 500 homers, maybe even--dare I dream?--as a White Sox again.

Best of luck, Big Hurt, and thanks for all the great memories. :cheers