Thank You Frank Thomas.

greasywheels121

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite sports player of all time. He's the reason I am a Sox fan. Every time I was at the park and he stepped up to the plate, I got shivers, especially when the crowd would give him an ovation, standing or otherwise. Never have I ever bashed him or berated him for his supposed problems, I have always been in his corner. When I was younger, I had everything Frank Thomas... jerseys, autographs, baseball cards, everything. Some kids wanted power wheels or the next Nintendo game, I wanted his 1990 Leaf rookie card. I couldn't stand the sight of him in another uniform. However, if he is, I think I'd still be compelled to cheer if he drops a bomb at the Cell. Thanks big guy.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Go back a page or two in this thread, and see Hahn's quotes.  I think the answer is no.

And A.J. Pierzynski would never come to the White Sox. Yes it is hard but Frank would get at-bats. Do you guys think that if Frank had stayed healthy he would still be a White Sox today?

Frank was the face of the franchise for over a decade. This is a bittersweet day for me. Im happy Konerko is back but sad that this is the end for Big Frank in a White Sox uni. :crying I hope he can get healthy and get to 500 HR (As long as its not with Cleveland or Minny). Thank you Frank heres to a future Hall of Fame induction. :cheers

Frank Thomas is the greatest player in White Sox franchise history. It is unfortunate to see him go, but also best for the team. Hopefully in a few years he will come back ala Harold Baines, but right now he doesn't fit. I hope he plays again, but no matter what, he should make the Hall of Fame, and #35 WILL be retired.

I love Frank Thomas. Period.

I think Kenny Williams has wanted Frank gone for a long time because he doesn't like him. Franks injuries and the team's success have allowed Williams to kick Frank to the curb. Great point about loyalty. Everyone got high and mighty the last few years when players left our team and weren't loyal. Well remember that its a two way street

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
This is why I laughed at Konerko saying he wants to be a Sox player forever. Doesn't happen in real life. Loyalty just doesn't happen in baseball.

No but this time Frank was loyal. The sox weren't loyal to him. I have a feeling that Frank would've taken a big paycut to stay with the Sox. He wanted to stay on the South Side. I have a sick feeling that even if this injury hadn't happened Frank would be gone. KW never liked him. I like Kenny but i think he should've given Frank a second chance. Everybody screws up. He gave A.J. Pierzynski a 2nd chance and look what he has done. When Ordonez didn't show up for those practice's that Ozzie had for him KW didn't go to the media and yell at him. I wonder what Ozzie thinks about Frank being gone. Edited by White Sox Josh

fank what can i say?

you are my favorite player and it's because of you i got into baseball and the white sox. i have a framed pic of you in my room and a little statue dude and a ton of your baseball cards - and your autographed rookie which i got in person.

so many memories tied to you and this club and it makes me sad to think i'll be seeing you in a different uniform next year. thanks for all the good times and i'm so glad you got that ring!

People forget, but Frank was quite the rogue when he came up as a punk-ass kid. But, he learned to let his game speak for itself, stopped saying ignorant things to the media, and endearned himself to a city he got off on the wrong foot with. That's saying alot. He'll go down as the best player in franchise history and no matter where he goes from here, I hope he wears that Sox cap on the day of his enshrinement.

Thanks for the memories, Frank.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
No but this time Frank was loyal.  The sox weren't loyal to him.  I have a feeling that Frank would've taken a big paycut to stay with the Sox.  He wanted to stay on the South Side.  I have a sick feeling that even if this injury hadn't happened Frank would be gone.  KW never liked him.  I like Kenny but i think he should've given Frank a second chance.  Everybody screws up.  He gave A.J. Pierzynski a 2nd chance and look what he has done.  When Ordonez didn't show up for those practice's that Ozzie had for him KW didn't go to the media and yell at him.  I wonder what Ozzie thinks about Frank being gone.

The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter what Kenny or Ozzie think. If Frank can play.. IF.. Jerry will bring him back in some capasity. The fact right now is that Frank is still walking around in a boot and is still in pain. If the season started tomorrow he would retire. And it's my belief that that's what will happen.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter what Kenny or Ozzie think. If Frank can play.. IF.. Jerry will bring him back in some capasity. The fact right now is that Frank is still walking around in a boot and is still in pain. If the season started tomorrow he would retire. And it's my belief that that's what will happen.

Yes but I am saying Kenny would've never done it even if he didn't get hurt. At least IMHO.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Yes but I am saying Kenny would've never done it even if he didn't get hurt.  At least IMHO.

I don't believe that Kenny would let personal spite ( if it exists ) override his business sense. If Frank Thomas was the best option for DH that the White Sox had, I think he'd have been signed.

It ultimately comes down to winning games.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)

I agree. The first fracture was bad enough. Now getting a second fracture in a bone that small while the screw from the first surgery will be extremely difficult to come back from. With all of the previous foot problem and the stress he puts on it, I'm doubtful he will ever be near painfree.

With all of that, unless something drastic happens I see retirement in the near future.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Yes but I am saying Kenny would've never done it even if he didn't get hurt.  At least IMHO.

And what I am telling you... is that where Frank is concerned Kenny has nothing to do with it.

Frank deals with Jerry.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
And what I am telling you... is that where Frank is concerned Kenny has nothing to do with it.

Frank deals with Jerry.

their relationship is that strong? I knew they were friends but wow. How does Kenny feel about Frank? I know he used to be friends with him before he took over as General Manager.