Bonds to play for Team USA in World Cup

SoxFan562004

Heard on ESPN Radio that Bonds is going to be on Team USA for the World Cup...

unreal, that makes me sick, this guy is a joke, and to add to it he's reporting he is going to drop 40lbs for next year... unreal, he'll say it's for speed and his knees, and they'll still celebrate his HRs

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
Heard on ESPN Radio that Bonds is going to be on Team USA for the World Cup...

unreal, that makes me sick, this guy is a joke, and to add to it he's reporting he is going to drop 40lbs for next year... unreal, he'll say it's for speed and his knees, and they'll still celebrate his HRs

What a sorry state of affairs when we have a s***bag like this representing the USA.

Dropping 40 lbs shouldn't be too tough for a guy coming off roids also.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
What a sorry state of affairs when we have a s***bag like this representing the USA. 

Dropping 40 lbs shouldn't be too tough for a guy coming off roids also.

Hmmm...is he dropping 40 pounds because he needs to lose weight...or is he using "Needing to lose weight" as a convenient cover story for him dropping 40 pounds?

I can here the quotes from ST Now..."Have you seen Barry? He looks like Brandon Inge"

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
I agree with Buehrle > Wood. Sure, he's not the best of personalities, but I don't care. I'd take this guy anytime on my team.

I don't care about his personality, I care about the cheating. He could be the nicest guy in the world, but all evidence, and even leaked testimony, strongly points to him being a cheating juicer who broke the law and is about to break Babe Ruth's HR number thanks to his breaking of the law. That's what I care about. I don't like having my country represented by a cheater.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
I don't care about his personality, I care about the cheating.  He could be the nicest guy in the world, but all evidence, and even leaked testimony, strongly points to him being a cheating juicer who broke the law and is about to break Babe Ruth's HR number thanks to his breaking of the law.  That's what I care about.  I don't like having my country represented by a cheater.

What leaked testimony are you referring to? Are you mixing him and Giambi up..? Because Bonds came out clear as day and told he was using the cream that he was told was not a roid.. did he lie.. who knows. But what "leaked testimony" was about him...? :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
What leaked testimony are you referring to? Are you mixing him and Giambi up..? Because Bonds came out clear as day and told he was using the cream that he was told was not a roid.. did he lie.. who knows. But what "leaked testimony" was about him...?  :huh

Thank you.

Again, I'm taking this guy anyday on my team.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
What leaked testimony are you referring to? Are you mixing him and Giambi up..? Because Bonds came out clear as day and told he was using the cream that he was told was not a roid.. did he lie.. who knows. But what "leaked testimony" was about him...?  :huh

Like the day after Giambi's testimony leaked in the SF Chronicle, Bonds's testimony leaked there too...he testified that he had unknowingly used the cream and the clear...having been told it was Flaxseed oil. Firstly, I don't believe a word of the "Unknowingly" part, but secondly, as far as I know he never publically admitted using the oil either. The only one who publically admitted using the "Flaxseed oil" was Sheffield, who said he got it from Bonds.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
Sorry, I don't think Steroids = cheating unless Lasik = cheating too.

Lasik = Legal way of correcting vision which is also correctable via glasses and contacts

Steroids = Illegal substance used to grow muscle which naturally can not be achieved

Big difference????

Also if someone gave you steroids or any illegal substance without your knowledge, wouldn't you sue the s*** out of them???? Why doesn't Palmeiro sue Tejada, or Bonds, Giambi and Sheffield sue Balco.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Lasik = Legal way of correcting vision which is also correctable via glasses and contacts

Steroids = Illegal substance used to grow muscle which naturally can not be achieved

Big difference????

Also if someone gave you steroids or any illegal substance without your knowledge, wouldn't you sue the s*** out of them????  Why doesn't Palmeiro sue Tejada, or Bonds, Giambi and Sheffield sue Balco.

They didn't know they were given steroids from balco just like i don't know you get wet in the shower.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
They didn't know they were given steroids from balco just like i don't know you get wet in the shower.

How exactly do you know that? Giambi certainly knew what he was taking, he admitted it. If Bonds got that stuff from his trainer...and suddenly he added 20 pounds of muscle with the trainer actually not telling him what it is, why the Hell would Bonds have just assumed it was normal? He would have had to be an idiot to just think it was "Flaxseed oil". When all of a sudden you go from hitting 40 home runs a year to 70 right after you start sticking a new chemical in your body (after the age of 35 too)...would you really just think it was some random plant?

Furthermore, if you're caught with an illegal drug that someone else gave you, only you testify you didn't know what it was...no one is going to care and you'll still be convicted of possession.