Barons Insight

Bullard

Hello again its your friendly reliever of the Barons. Well we have been pretty hot since the last time I posted. We are 10-2 in our last 12 games and our hitting has been what has been winning most of those games. Granted our pitching has still been solid but we dont have to win 2-1 now in order to get a win. I picked up my first win of the year out of the pen by coming in the 7th inning with a man on 3rd and 2 down with a 2-2 tie in the game. I threw 4 pitches and induced a pop up to center to end the threat. And then in the top of the 8th Ingram proceeded to hit a 3 run bomb to get me the win.

As for the rest of the bunch Cotts, Pacheco, and Yofu are still pitching well, while the bullpen is holding our own and Bikowski, Durham, Aceves and Alvarez have been lights out at the plate during our current winning streak.

Guest hotsoxchick1
and Bikowski, Durham, Aceves and Alvarez have been lights out at the plate during our current winning streak.

can you send them up here.. we need hitting.....badly......... :o

thanks for the update and good luck to you ... get some more wins...... :headbang

When I see a team steadily improve loke the Barons have done, it makes me think that the players are hustling their asses off and you have a good skipper.

From a guy who sees a lot of games, I'd say that is quite accurate. A few guys that started slowly have gotten hot and everyone has finally bought into the team first concept. I see a lot of similarities in this year's team as last year's at this point in how they play.

Time will tell if the talent will be enough, especially if we lose some players. Reed and Yan could help, however.