A little perspective

Harry Chappas

I have been reading this and the MLB Board for some time and I will admit this team is not very entertaining and really tough to watch. Our best pitcher is looking like he wants us to realease him. We can not hit a lick and everyone wants to tear this team apart. Being the true Sox fan that I am, it makes my day when the cubs lose. I just see they lost three of four to St. Louis. Now I do not follow them nor do I pay any more attention to them than any other MLB team but by default via the Chicago press I get the impression they are running away with their division. Well they have a worse record than the Twins. I did not see much of teh Sox after Friday's game but it appears that we easily could have won Saturday and Sunday. I know the season is wearing on and we are spinning our wheels but I really think/hope that the next two weeks can be a defining moment if we can get on a roll. The only guys right now that need a push in that direction are Buerhle, Konerko and Crede. Tonight could be huge for Wright as Toronto is a good club. I still have faith.

Meh, I've already read too many "defining moment" posts this year just to have this team turn around and fall on their face.  Call me when they actually win something.

Agreed. It's almost June....this team can not do what it did last year, and play good baseball when it didn't matter. That's bulls***. You have to play good baseball during the part of the year when it matters.

That said, as overly optimistic as this sounds, we could be in first place by June. We have a slack schedule over the next two weeks, while Minnesota has Seattle and Oakland. However, you don't even get a cookie for being in first place in June. On the other hand, you get to go to the playoffs if you are in first place at the end of September.