I was very wrong

Texsox

I felt and wrote after the Thome signing that in a typical Sox move they were going to sign 35-year old + injury @ 7.2 mil *instead of* 29-year old + All-Star + Division MVP @ $12-$15 mil. I thought the chances were slimer than none that Konerko would be a Sox player in 2006.

I am happy to admit I was verrrrrrry wrong.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
I felt and wrote after the Thome signing that in a typical Sox move they were going to sign 35-year old + injury @ 7.2 mil *instead of* 29-year old + All-Star + Division MVP @ $12-$15 mil. I thought the chances were slimer than none that Konerko would be a Sox player in 2006.

i thought of you when i saw the signing and i thought you'd be very happy

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)

How many crows do some of you people have to eat before you have some faith and believe? :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)

Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. We need more like you here. :cheers

thing is, i had faith that jr and co would pony up with the cash. my only concern was would paulie ask for too much and force the sox to look elsewhere or would he sign with laa for the same amount the sox were offering.

either way, way to go kw for getting the job done quickly.

QUOTE(LDF @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
thing is, i had faith that jr and co would pony up with the cash. my only concern was would paulie ask for too much and force the sox to look elsewhere or would he sign with laa for the same amount the sox were offering.

either way, way to go kw for getting the job done quickly.

My concern was that someone was going to offer him an obsene amount of money, like $75 million for 5 years or something like that. When it appeared that it was leveling out at 5 years and $60-$65 million, I would have been really pissed off if he didn't wind up with us.

I was with you Texsox, I thought the White Sox would make the 'highest offer in the history of the team' to him but we would later find out it had deferrals and diminishing skills clauses that killed the deal. On the radio Konerko said it was a straight deal which still has me shaking my head in disbelief. The world is different than I have grown to expect. Whats next, no more Soviet Union?

We've all had to eat our share of crow over what we all said about this team and its players. I dont think anyone minds though cause when you wash it down with World Series Champagne its all just fine.