Bad Movies that you like

White Sox Josh

I got to thinking that there are so many bad movies that are out that you like. Roger Ebert explained it best when he said in his review of The Fast & The Furious "There are so few great movies that you have to learn to love the great trash." That is so true in so many ways. Here are my "great trash" movies:

Bad Company

Tomcats

Big Daddy

Blade III: Trinity

Resident Evil

Scary Movie 3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
Ace Ventura #1

Army of Darkness

Happy Gilmore

Heavy Metal

The Last Starfighter

Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Spaceballs

UHF

The Waterboy

Young Frankenstein

ummm...those are bad movies??

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Ace Ventura #1

Army of Darkness

Happy Gilmore

Heavy Metal

The Last Starfighter

Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Spaceballs

UHF

The Waterboy

Young Frankenstein

What? The Last Starfighter!? A bad movie?? But the special effects were unbelievable!

I don't know if I'd say I like any of them, but as a Geologist in a bad movies thread, I have to write these down:

Dante's Peak

Volcano

Armageddon

And the mother of all "I spent 20 minutes after this movie just laughing my ass off" movies from a geologists perspective (and no, it wasn't supposed to be a comedy):

The Core

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Anaconda and Congo!

Wow, Anaconda was bad. I just saw it a couple nights ago.

Best BAD movie ever: The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies. If you like classic B movies or in this case maybe a D movie, you owe it to yourself to see this one. Everything about this movie is horrendous but it does have lots of burlesque girls(!!).

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/daddyo/di_812.html

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
I got to thinking that there are so many bad movies that are out that you like.  Roger Ebert explained it best when he said in his review of The Fast & The Furious "There are so few great movies that you have to learn to love the great trash."  That is so true in so many ways.  Here are my "great trash" movies:

Bad Company

Tomcats

Big Daddy

Blade III: Trinity

Resident Evil

Scary Movie 3

Hmm... I don't really agree with what Ebert said because I love movies and I have seen many many many! that I have liked. If I don't like a movie I don't watch it anymore or "learn" to like it. I am not saying I have watched more movies than Ebert lol, but if I don't like a movie that's it nothing else to it.

To add on to this list though of a movie that got bad reviews but was fairly decent was The Jacket. The story was ofcourse unoriginal, but there were a few things I liked about it.