Bad Movies that you like

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Hmm... I don't really agree with what Ebert said because I love movies and I have seen many many many! that I have liked. If I don't like a movie I don't watch it anymore or "learn" to like it. I am not saying I have watched more movies than Ebert lol, but if I don't like a movie that's it nothing else to it.

To add on to this list though of a movie that got bad reviews but was fairly decent was The Jacket. The story was ofcourse unoriginal, but there were a few things I liked about it.

i think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am saying that you have to have a different mindset for each film. You can't just judge movies by one thing. For example if you go to 2 Fast 2 Furious with the same mindset as the Godfather. If you did that you would hate it. However if you go in not expecting a really smart movie but an entertaining movie with great action scenes than you will like it. Edited by White Sox Josh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
i think you misunderstand what I am saying.  I am saying that you have to have a different mindset for each film.  You can't just judge movies by one thing.

Oh k think may be true. But anaconda was not even a good bad movie.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
Oh k think may be true. But anaconda was not even a good bad movie.

Danny: There's snakes out there this big?

Paul Sarone: This skin is three or four years old, whatever shed it has grown since then.

A line that has haunted me for years. Classic Cinema. :P

i think you misunderstand what I am saying.  I am saying that you have to have a different mindset for each film.  You can't just judge movies by one thing.  For example if you go to 2 Fast 2 Furious with the same mindset as the Godfather.  If you did that you would hate it.  However if you go in not expecting a really smart movie but an entertaining movie with great action scenes than you will like it.

Oh ok, that makes sense. I'll think of some movies later.

QUOTE(knightni @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
Ace Ventura #1

Army of Darkness

Happy Gilmore

Heavy Metal

The Last Starfighter

Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Spaceballs

UHF

The Waterboy

Young Frankenstein

Dude, Ace Ventura Part 1 is a god damn comedic masterpiece. An absolute staple of my DVD collection. :D

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Dude, Ace Ventura Part 1 is a god damn comedic masterpiece.  An absolute staple of my DVD collection.  :D

[Aguado stomps on a cockroach.]

Aguado: Homicide, Ventura. Now how ya gonna solve that one?

Ace Ventura: Good question, Aguado. First, I'd establish a motive. In this case the killer saw the size of the bug's DICK and became insanely jealous. Then I'd lose 40 pounds… PORKIN' his wife.

I love this quote.

i think you misunderstand what I am saying.  I am saying that you have to have a different mindset for each film.  You can't just judge movies by one thing.  For example if you go to 2 Fast 2 Furious with the same mindset as the Godfather. If you did that you would hate it.  However if you go in not expecting a really smart movie but an entertaining movie with great action scenes than you will like it.

Who the f*** does what i put in bold?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
a better example would be Boyz n the Hood because Singleton did direct both of those movies.

Yes, most people expect the same thing when they watch 2 fast 2 furious and boyz in the hood. I know i did.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
a better example would be Boyz n the Hood because Singleton did direct both of those movies.

Wait, you're calling that a bad movie?

The director was nominated for an Oscar for that one, I think.

Speaking of Oscar...maybe it's my Marisa Tomei crush, but the bad movie by that name starring Stallone would be one of my choices for bad movies that I really enjoyed.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)

Speaking of Oscar...maybe it's my Marisa Tomei crush, but the bad movie by that name starring Stallone would be one of my choices for bad movies that I really enjoyed.

no Boyz n the Hood was a great movie. One of the best I have ever seen. However if you go into 2 Fast 2 Furious expecting this really smart movie like Boyz n the Hood you will hate it. However if you go into it for great action scenes, cars going really fast, and to be entertained than you will like it.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
no Boyz n the Hood was a great movie.  One of the best I have ever seen.  However if you go into 2 Fast 2 Furious expecting this really smart movie like Boyz n the Hood you will hate it.  However if you go into it for great action scenes, cars going really fast, and to be entertained than you will like it.

Gotcha.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)

My favorite Marisa Tomei movie: "What the f*** is going on here, Vinny? You f***ing up this case or what?"

"A little? You've been thrown in jail twice."

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)

Yes, most people expect the same thing when they watch 2 fast 2 furious and boyz in the hood. I know i did.

morons do. And the people a ton of movie critics who trashed the movie expected it to have a brain and be smart.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)

qwerty.. tears in my eyes from your comments in this thread.. :lol: :lolhitting :cheers