Bad Movies that you like

White Sox Josh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Napolean Dynamite - Not sure this one counts considering how huge it has become but I think what makes it funny is the the fact that it's such a bad movie.

Freeway - The movie that first introduced me to Reese Witherspoon. Also starred Keifer Sutherland and Brooke Shields but I'd never even heard of it until I saw it on TV one day.

Hot to Trot - It has Bob Goldthwait and a talking horse. What more do you need?

Mitchell - OK, if you've even heard of this movie you're a MST3K fan.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
I believe that "Footloose" may be the dumbest/worst movie ever. That said, how come whenever it's on tv, I can't not watch it?

I believe it ranks up there with a Christmas Story, Over the Top and Shawshank Redemtion. It's one of those movies you've seen a million times before but just can't help stopping on it while channel-surfing.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
I believe it ranks up there with a Christmas Story, Over the Top and Shawshank Redemtion. It's one of those movies you've seen a million times before but just can't help stopping on it while channel-surfing.

Jim is that way with that Last Action Hero movie. Hates it.. but stops on it every time it's on. :banghead

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
I loved Secret Window with Johnny Depp but apparently everyone else in the world thought it blew.

Like many other movies based on a Stephen King book they butchered the story. I'm scared to see what they will do with 'Desperation' or 'From a Buick 8'.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
Jim is that way with that Last Action Hero movie. Hates it.. but stops on it every time it's on.  :banghead

I actually kinda liked that movie because it made fun of so many hollywood cliches.

"I shot that car, how come it didn't blow up?"

Bubble Boy

Pootie Tang (Sepa Tai! Im gonna sign your piddy on the runny kine...)

Run Ronnie Run (the scene when the cops come into a house that Ronnie ran into to get away was priceless.

"Sir, why are you hiding in these people's closet"

"Hiding? I was sleeping here and they just built the house around me!)

Saving Silverman

Happy, Texas?

Safe Men

Blowin Smoke

(AKA the Steve Zahn essentials)

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
Freeway - The movie that first introduced me to Reese Witherspoon. Also starred Keifer Sutherland and Brooke Shields but I'd never even heard of it until I saw it on TV one day.

I saw this at the Music Box theatre when it first came out.

I f***ing LOVE this movie!

"Looks like you got hit with a ugly stick, BOB!"

Nice twist on Little Red Riding Hood, it is....

Napolean Dynamite - Not sure this one counts considering how huge it has become but I think what makes it funny is the the fact that it's such a bad movie.

Hot to Trot - It has Bob Goldthwait and a talking horse. What more do you need?

Mitchell - OK, if you've even heard of this movie you're a MST3K fan.

Strongly disagree...Napoleon and Freeway are great movies!

Uh uh...Shawshank and Christmas Story are PHENOMINAL!

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)

Oh, wow, for some reason I was thinking that it did more like Blade Runner or Brazil where the cult status came after lackluster box offices grosses.

I was 12 when it was released and I just remember really liking it but hearing other people say they didn't get it. It was slightly confusing at certain points, but overall I liked it a lot.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
I got to thinking that there are so many bad movies that are out that you like.  Roger Ebert explained it best when he said in his review of The Fast & The Furious "There are so few great movies that you have to learn to love the great trash."  That is so true in so many ways.  Here are my "great trash" movies:

Bad Company

Tomcats

Big Daddy

Blade III: Trinity

Resident Evil

Scary Movie 3

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2. For whatever reason I like those movies.

Under Siege is another great movie in my book. Just some badas actoin scenes.

Of course #1 on my all time list is Transporter 2. That is the single funniest movie ever made.

One question, do you all ever watch a movie on some channel and you realize it sucks but for some reason you just keep watching it thinking it is going to get better. Every once in a while I find myself doing that and I sit there and think why, yet don't change the channel (usually it happens when I'm at home sick and resting).

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Bubble Boy

Pootie Tang (Sepa Tai!  Im gonna sign your piddy on the runny kine...)

Run Ronnie Run (the scene when the cops come into a house that Ronnie ran into to get away was priceless.

"Sir, why are you hiding in these people's closet"

"Hiding?  I was sleeping here and they just built the house around me!)

Saving Silverman

Happy, Texas?

Safe Men

Blowin Smoke

(AKA the Steve Zahn essentials)

Joy Ride was Steve Zahn's best work IMHO. And that is not a bad movie! I thought Happy Texas was pretty smart but that is just me. I agree with you on Saving Silverman and Pootie Tang.

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Strongly disagree...Napoleon and Freeway are great movies!

agreed and Shawshank shouldn't be on that list. What i guess I meant to say are B-Movies. Movies that the critics hate and tons more hate but you like. Movies that are so stupid but are entertaining because of that. 2 Fast 2 Furious is that for me. I'm not saying it is stupid but it doesn't have a brain in it's head and it is intended to be that.