Restocking The Lefties

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
Unless Uribe just turned 35 or so, why are we worried about who is going to play SS?

If he plays at his current level, I am fine keeping Uribe until he wants to leave Chicago or just can't cut it anymore.  I see at least 5/6 more productive years out of Juan on the Southside.

Or until he starts looking for his 5 year $50 million deal... Scary thing is with this market, he is justified in asking for something close to that, but maybe not quite that high.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Or until he starts looking for his 5 year $50 million deal...  Scary thing is with this market, he is justified in asking for something close to that, but maybe not quite that high.

When is he signed until? I believe through 2007.

Also I think he got rid of Boras as his agent.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Unless Uribe just turned 35 or so, why are we worried about who is going to play SS?

How about this one:

"Juan Uribe will make $4.15 million in 2007 and a team option for $5 million in 2008 if he is still with the White Sox."

For the record, Valido would make $330k or so if he was ready to play in the majors. For equal defense, if he hits anywhere near what Uribe hits, .260 with occassional power, it would be stupid to pay Uribe 4-5 million in lieu of Valido...

Uribe contract status:

Juan Uribe: signed 3-year deal worth 9.75M thru the 2007 season on 12/16/04- he will make 2.15M in 2005, 3.15M in 2006 and 4.15M in 2007- + the deal includes a 5M Team Option for 2008 or a 300K buyout Agent: Scot Boras?/Martin Arburua? Service Time: 3.089

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
How about this one:

"Juan Uribe will make $4.15 million in 2007 and a team option for $5 million in 2008 if he is still with the White Sox."

For the record, Valido would make $330k or so if he was ready to play in the majors.  For equal defense, if he hits anywhere near what Uribe hits, .260 with occassional power, it would be stupid to pay Uribe 4-5 million in lieu of Valido...

Uribe contract status:

Juan Uribe: signed 3-year deal worth 9.75M thru the 2007 season on 12/16/04- he will make 2.15M in 2005, 3.15M in 2006 and 4.15M in 2007- + the deal includes a 5M Team Option for 2008 or a 300K buyout Agent: Scot Boras?/Martin Arburua? Service Time: 3.089

I don't think it would be equal defense. Every one of Uribe's tools (except speed) is better than Valido's. If Uribe continues to develop there is no reason he won't be the starting shortstop on the southside for a long time.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
I don't think it would be equal defense.  Every one of Uribe's tools (except speed) is better than Valido's.  If Uribe continues to develop there is no reason he won't be the starting shortstop on the southside for a long time.

Thank you, voice of reason.

Uribe will be the white sox SS until he doesn't want to be.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
I don't think it would be equal defense.  Every one of Uribe's tools (except speed) is better than Valido's.  If Uribe continues to develop there is no reason he won't be the starting shortstop on the southside for a long time.

1) More consistent.

2) more range up the middle.

3) reads plays in front of him and charges them better.

Tool-them all you want, but Valido's instincts are far better and he makes more consistent plays on the ball.