About the 500 Home Runs

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
sorry but it doesn't seem like consolation at all. Hope Jim gets it though, and here

Not at all. Don't care at this point. When the next home grown gets close.. I might care again.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
i know what you are saying.  Would you rather see Frank retire or hit 500 in another uniform.

Rather see him it 500. If he's in another uniform-its because of the Sox and not him. It would be very selfish to want him to retire after we let him go

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
That's not up to him.

He'll probably go in as an Indian, since he spent so many years in Cleveland.

I thought it was up to the player which hat he wears on his plaque. I thought I remembered Carlton Fisk deciding on Boston after being on the fence about it.

QUOTE(Drew @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
I thought it was up to the player which hat he wears on his plaque. I thought I remembered Carlton Fisk deciding on Boston after being on the fence about it.

Yeah but they took that right away after soem goofy choices. I can't recall who it was that was the straw that broke the back but I know there was fear that Wade Boggs would try to go in as a Devil Ray. It was near that time that they took the chocie away. Kind of dumb to me. As long as a player played there, it should be his choice in my opinion

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
Yeah but they took that right away after soem goofy choices. I can't recall who it was that was the straw that broke the back but I know there was fear that Wade Boggs would try to go in as a Devil Ray. It was near that time that they took the chocie away. Kind of dumb to me. As long as a player played there, it should be his choice in my opinion

IIRC, it was in Boggs' contract that he would go in the HOF as a Devil Ray. The HOF stepped in and said, "Not so fast, guys. We'll decide."

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)

I concur on the lameness of this ruling.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
IIRC, it was in Boggs' contract that he would go in the HOF as a Devil Ray.  The HOF stepped in and said, "Not so fast, guys.  We'll decide."

I believe it was Jose Canseco that first had clause in a contract about the HOF cap. Then, Boggs.