About the 500 Home Runs

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
If he gets get a ring or 2 with the Sox he could go in to the HOF as a SOX.

True. And if, along with that, he expresses the desire to go as a Sox, then the HOF might take that in consideration as well.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
Not at all. Don't care at this point. When the next home grown gets close.. I might care again.

Would Konerko count for you, Steff? I think I'd feel better seeing an actual "homegrown" do it, but I think Konerko has a "homegrown" feel.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Jim Thome should hit his 500th Home Run in 2007 with the Sox assuming he stays healthy.  He has 430 Home Runs in his career and if he breaks 500 as a White Sox, has 3 or 4 great seasons, and finishes his career with the Sox he might go into the HOF as a White Sox.

Just isn't the same. Frank hit all 448 of his HRs as a Sox player. So far Thome has hit zero. Getting his last 70 with us won't feel as good although it'll be nice.

QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 06:48 AM)
Would Konerko count for you, Steff? I think I'd feel better seeing an actual "homegrown" do it, but I think Konerko has a "homegrown" feel.

Hmmm.. I suppose he would qualify. I'd probably be excited to see him get there. If he can keep his damn mouth shut. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
Hmmm.. I suppose he would qualify. I'd probably be excited to see him get there.  If he can keep his damn mouth shut.  ;)

I should have guessed you'd say something like that. :lol: