What did Bruce Levine speculate on ?

spiderman

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Sox could convince Bill Mueller to become the super sub type with still getting a good amount ab's for a fair price I would be thrilled. A guy with a good bat off the bench that could play a lot of positions. Hopefully something like that would be able to happen.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
There was no mention of Nomar when he was on.

I was referring to the last couple of weeks. I didnt get to hear Bruce just now. Did he really get angry? Were Carmen and Silvy giving him a hard time again? They always play "Here they come Here they come....manny trillo" when he is on.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
I was referring to the last couple of weeks.  I didnt get to hear Bruce just now.  Did he really get angry?  Were Carmen and Silvy giving him a hard time again?  They always play "Here they come Here they come....manny trillo" when he is on.

He got a little mad cause they were talking about the Thome thing on cubs.com. Bruce was getting angry saying the cubs don't run the site, mlb does.

THis couldn't mean the end of Crede can it? Is his back really that bad? He was awesome in the playoffs. Will Mueller accept an INF bench role?

And I DONT want Nomar here. No way- no how! I'm going to pull a Hawk and say "Where would he play?" Don't even say CF! I'm telling you- he is a clubhouse cancer.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
he can play 2b, 3b, correct.  what others can he play?

That's really it but that would be perfect, give Crede and Tad a rest every now and then and could also dh when Pauly or Thome need a dayoff while slipping Jim to first base when Paul needs a dayoff.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
That's really it but that would be perfect, give Crede and Tad a rest every now and then and could also dh when Pauly or Thome need a dayoff while slipping Jim to first base when Paul needs a dayoff.

isnt thats what Pablo is for? it comes down to are we goin to have 4 or 5 bench players? if it is 4 bench players i dont see how we can have mueller and ozuna on the same bench. that would mean the 4th bench player would have to play all 3 OF spots and 1B Right?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
That is true. SOmeone will need to take Blums spot on the bench. Bring him aboard! BUT, not at the expense of Crede leaving. The rally crede means to much to Soxtalk.

They just want some insurance for Joe's back. Bill's also a guy who could come right in and hit 2nd when Tad needs a break, it would be a nice fit if we could convince Mueller to accept that role.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
THis couldn't mean the end of Crede can it? Is his back really that bad? He was awesome in the playoffs. Will Mueller accept an INF bench role?

And I DONT want Nomar here. No way- no how! I'm going to pull a Hawk and say "Where would he play?" Don't even say CF! I'm telling you- he is a clubhouse cancer.

Mueller would have to completely outperform Crede to take his job from him, IMO. I think Joe's back will be ok next year. if the Sox dont get him on some kind of muscle building program for his back in the offseason, they are insane. Mueller would have to accept a super-sub role. He is a team player though, I think he would go for it.

IMO Ryan Freel would be the ideal guy to go after.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
The Sox have had a pretty weak bench IMO the last two, three years, and the addition of Mueller would be huge.

This would be a great additon, and IMO, no move for a CF/2 hole hitter would be needed.

I agree 100%, but who would be the backup 1B? Thome?

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
isnt thats what Pablo is for?  it comes down to are we goin to have 4 or 5 bench players?  if it is 4 bench players i dont see how we can have mueller and ozuna on the same bench.  that would mean the 4th bench player would have to play all 3 OF spots and 1B Right?

Ozuna then could be used basically to pinch run and come in as a defensive sub, Pablo can also play the outfield so if Timo is let go then that enhances what Pablo can do. I love Pablo but he's obviously no where near the hitter Mueller is and I think they would like a starting type player just in case Joe's back is really bad or acts up.

he can play 2b, 3b, correct.  what others can he play?

Just 3rd base and a little 2nd base. This must mean that Crede's back must not be feeling too good. But Mueller would be a good #2 hitter. He doesn't have any speed but he makes a lot of contact and hits a lot of line drives for a really high OBP.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
Ozuna then could be used basically to pinch run and come in as a defensive sub, Pablo can also play the outfield so if Timo is let go then that enhances what Pablo can do.  I love Pablo but he's obviously no where near the hitter Mueller is and I think they would like a starting type player just in case Joe's back is really bad or acts up.

He can play OF? I didnt know that

BTW this 12 days of x-mas on silvy and carman is pretty cool. $2,000 worth of prices, including 4 bulls club tickets, ws DVD, and TTS jersey. not bad