What did Bruce Levine speculate on ?

spiderman

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
Kong/Thome/Ozuna?/Dye?

I dont think thats going to be a problem....

I guess Ozuna can play more possitions then I thought, I thought he was only a ss, 3b, 2b. but if he can play 1B, and the OF on top of that, we wouldnt need a backup 1B...SWEET

i guess if Timo can play 1B anyone can :P

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we have pleanty of backup options for 1B.

1. Kong, 2. Thome (after all this is his first year being a DH) 3. Dye, 4. Gload (if he's up with us- his days are likely done for the Sox)

Ozuna can play all INF possitions and OF possitions. Willie's speed will keep him around as a back up CF/2B. Widger is a must need as AJs backup C. Timo? This might be the end of Timo's days here. Esspecially if KW goes out and gets a CFer. I can see Anderson as our 4th OF in 2006. So your bench is: Ozuna, Harris, Widger, and Anderson. If we go to 11 pitchers again we can add Mueller to Group 4! But then again would would we do with both El-duque and BMac on the roster? Maybe its the end of Visciano? Or maybe Hermy will miss a month or 2 to rest his back? Wow im thinking waaaayyy too much about this.

I agree 100%, but who would be the backup 1B?  Thome?

Thome could play 1st base and Konerko could DH, when Paulie needs rest. If one of them got injured, they could just call up a 1st baseman like Gload or Rogowski.

And I just heard the sports update on ESPN 1000. The Sox are trying to convince Bill Mueller to sign on as a utility-man and backup Crede and Iguchi.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Thome could play 1st base and Konerko could DH, when Paulie needs rest.  If one of them got injured, they could just call up a 1st baseman like Gload or Rogowski.

And I just heard the sports update.  The Sox are trying to convince Bill Mueller to sign on as a utility-man and backup Crede and Iguchi.

Whats the source?

Bruce was right about Thome. Maybe he has something here......

I think it all just depends on whether or not Mueller will accept the 3B/2B backup role. But if Crede's back makes him miss time, he knows he will be starting. There must be another team out there that would sign Mueller to start at third base. Maybe he will accept the role to win another World Series.

If Mueller can accept a sub role and become the first guy off the bench it would be awsome. Maybe we can say see yah to Mr. Timo time. Mueller and Gload/Borchard would give us the left handed presence and it wouldnt be that much of a raise from the over priced 1 mill that Timo gets from the sox.

Group 4 is being remade.

If Mueller can accept a sub role and become the first guy off the bench it would be awsome.  Maybe we can say see yah to Mr. Timo time.  Mueller and Gload/Borchard would give us the left handed presence and it wouldnt be that much of a raise from the over priced 1 mill that Timo gets from the sox.

Group 4 is being remade.

Exactly, give me Mueller for $2.5 million over Timo for $1 million. Borchard and Ozuna can replace Timo as our fourth and fifth outfielders.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
Exactly, give me Mueller for $2.5 million over Timo for $1 million.  Borchard and Ozuna can replace Timo as our fourth and fifth outfielders.

I'm really starting to like the sound of this. Mueller would be a great sub. Get 'er done KW!

Hmm this could be the end of both Harris and Timo. Ozuna is almost as fast as Harris and he is a better baserunner. And with the potential addition of Mueller this could mean a potential trade for a starting CF. IMO I don't think KW is satisfied with BA just yet. It took awhile to get Rowand to play everyday remember? Remember adding Lofton in 02, then Everett in the middle of '03? Rowand accepted a bench role until KW knew he was ready. I can see the same situation happen to Anderson. I think you can get a solid CFer for both Harris and Marte would do you guys think?

Hmm this could be the end of both Harris and Timo. Ozuna is almost as fast as Harris and he is a better baserunner. And with the potential addition of Mueller this could mean a potential trade for a starting CF. IMO I don't think KW is satisfied with BA just yet. It took awhile to get Rowand to play everyday remember? Remember adding Lofton in 02, then Everett in the middle of '03? Rowand accepted a bench role until KW knew he was ready. I can see the same situation happen to Anderson. I think you can get a solid CFer for both Harris and Marte would do you guys think?

I agree. I think you could get a center fielder for Marte, Willie, and a prospect. Juan Pierre? I still think that Brian Anderson will be our starting center fielder though. Kenny loves him and has been talking him up quite a bit since the Thome trade.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)

I would miss Willie, but Timo can hit the f***ing road. I know, he was Mr. Clutch, but I've seen enough of that.

Mueller still has to accept the fact that he'd be signing on for a utility role, unless Crede's back makes him miss a lot of time.  I have to think he wants a starting job.

I think he wants to play on a winner, have a guaranteed two year contract with an option for a 3rd year.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
I think you almost have to look at it as not even a utility man, but more as super sup. For me, utility men dont get 350-400 AB's a season, and I think that is what Muller might be looking at, and I think he could get it with the Sox.

please change your sig picture

s***, ill make one for you

place change it