What did Bruce Levine speculate on ?

spiderman

I posted this in another thread, but from the local reports it seems that the Sox are trying to convince Mueller that he would get 400abs here, they're really pushing hard for him from what it seems. He would be the backup at 1b, 2b and 3b meaning Pablo would likely only backup at SS and Thome would play little to no 1b.

If this scenario plays out I would really like the Mueller signing, espically since he would be coming in and knowing his role as super sub, and it's not forced on him in ST

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that the possible signing of Meuller could mean that Crede could be traded? After all he is represented by Boras and his stock is at a peak (and has possible back problems to boot). This may be a good time to try to get something for him although AJ will be sad.

QUOTE(agame @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
Do you think that the possible signing of Meuller could mean that Crede could be traded?  After all he is represented by Boras and his stock is at a peak (and has possible back problems to boot).  This may be a good time to try to get something for him although AJ will be sad.

it is no secret that joe has back problems right now. do you think other owners would want damage goods?

QUOTE(LDF @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
it is no secret that joe has back problems right now. do you think other owners would want damage goods?

I'm just throwing it out there. But, he still performed well in the playoffs despite problems and teams always take risks (as we are taking with Thome).

I'm wondering whether the Sox stance is so strong against Boras that Crede won't be signed after this year (I think this is his last contract year), then we might as well get something for him.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Joe might struggle to hit 200 if his back is that bad. Look at what a bad back did to David Bell. I hope we get Muller as insurance although I have a hard time believing he'll come here

yeah, I get that feeling too... all the reports about this have the Sox trying to convince him, which seems to mean he ain't buyin'

now that i posted this he'll probably be signing in the next hour or so!

QUOTE(agame @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
I'm just throwing it out there.  But, he still performed well in the playoffs despite problems and teams always take risks (as we are taking with Thome).

I'm wondering whether the Sox stance is so strong against Boras that Crede won't be signed after this year (I think this is his last contract year), then we might as well get something for him.

Is anyone 100% clear on what exactly Crede's back problem is? Is it one that he deals with every day, or one of those that comes and goes, and then it can just completely blow (ie a disk problem).

I know Herm Schneider is a real good trainer, so I have faith that he will be able to keep Crede playing... it maybe blind faith, but hey, sometimes that's all we got!

QUOTE(agame @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
I'm just throwing it out there.  But, he still performed well in the playoffs despite problems and teams always take risks (as we are taking with Thome).

in all honesty, i thought that he might be the only player that is represented by bor-ass that the sox might resign.

it all depends on how the back is.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Is anyone 100% clear on what exactly Crede's back problem is?  Is it one that he deals with every day, or one of those that comes and goes, and then it can just completely blow (ie a disk problem).

I know Herm Schneider is a real good trainer, so I have faith that he will be able to keep Crede playing... it maybe blind faith, but hey, sometimes that's all we got!

Well, whatever condition it was in during September and October it sure seemed to serve him well. The man was a monster.