3 - 4 - 5 lineup order?

SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Told you guys.  That strict righty-lefty order is overrated.  ;)

I know in my case and I'm sure in others we were trying to think like ozzie and not what we ourselves would do. Ozzie usually loves playing the righty/lefty game, in this case it looks like he might not.

I know in my case and I'm sure in others we were trying to think like ozzie and not what we ourselves would do.  Ozzie usually loves playing the righty/lefty game, in this case it looks like he might not.

Ozzie must have realized that neither Konerko or Dye are #3 hitters. A healthy Thome is our team's best hitter and highest OPS guy. It makes the most sense, regardless of the lefty-righty order. Like I said in that other thread:

Thome: 963 career AB's batting third

Konerko: 69 career AB's batting third

Dye: 25 career AB's batting third

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
Ozzie must have realized that neither Konerko or Dye are #3 hitters.  A healthy Thome is our team's best hitter and highest OPS guy.  It makes the most sense, regardless of the lefty-righty order.  Like I said in that other thread:

Thome:  963 career AB's batting third

Konerko:  69 career AB's batting third

Dye:  25 career AB's batting third

When is the last time ozzie looked at numbers? ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Ozzie bouncing Thome and PK around between the 3-4 spots several times this season depending on how people are hitting at a particular time.

I don't see that happening after how bad Konerko hit in the 3-hole last season, even if it was a very small number of at bats.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
I thought that Thome was suppose to hit behind Paulie for protection.

OBP and OPS numbers suggest it should probably be the other way (Until PK has a monster start to this year and crushes everyone else in the MVP race of course)

Ozzie must have realized that neither Konerko or Dye are #3 hitters.  A healthy Thome is our team's best hitter and highest OPS guy.  It makes the most sense, regardless of the lefty-righty order.  Like I said in that other thread:

Thome:  963 career AB's batting third

Konerko:  69 career AB's batting third

Dye:  25 career AB's batting third

sure, i like what i see here. go with it, oz.