flipping your car....

Goldmember

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
Is the car okay?  :D Seriously, I'm guessing you came out alright??? :huh

yeah, i did it this morning around 8. from the actual wreck i only have a few minor cuts, scrapes & bruises. the car landed on the passenger side with the front right side of the car facing down in this big drainage ditch/culvert thing at an angle and the back of the car in the air. i was stuck down in my car kneeling on passenger side windows & ground (front passenger window shattered during accident). had to wait for emergency to get there and help hold the driver side door open so i could climb up to top that way with their help. twisted my ankle from jumping down from the driver side of car and landing wrong on my ankle. it was out in boonies, so luckily for me a lady happened to be behind me and called 911 and family. after got home & got a shower was talked into going to er for insurance reasons so now i have this stupid air cast on my leg & have an updated tetanus shot... :lol:

tow truck driver & cop said i was pretty lucky also, because i guess during the wreck i hit one of those lil steel reflector posts and it split the bottom of the car up through the middle and was lodged in the drivetrain so much that at first they thought it was welded on it. guess they said that post could have very easily split up through the floorboard and did quite a bit more damage to me...

Edited by Goldmember

Glad that you are ok! 111th was a damned ice rink today - two wrecks, a bunck of spin outs and people like me that had to use the emergency brake to not hit the car in front of my that jumped the curb to avoid hitting the car that was sideways from a spin out.

About 20 years ago I was riding with my (then) brother-in-law and we started spinning out on a VERY high bridge/overpass. Did at least 4 complete rotations before hitting the guard rail and sliding downhill unable to brake. Thank the Good Lord Jeebus that it was very early on a Sunday morning and traffic was extremely light.

The pants I was wearing did not survive the incident..... :) .....

as was said in the first post......wouldn't recommend.

Edited by The Critic