David Cross' Open Letter to Larry the Cable Guy

3E8

SO, I went and got your book, "Gitting-R-Donned", and excitedly skimmed past the joke about that one time you farted and something farty happened, on past the thing about the fat girl who farted and finally found it, . Well, needless to say I farted. I farted up a fartstorm right there in the Flyin' J Travel Center. I fartingly bought the book and took it home with an excitement I haven't experienced since I got Bertha Chudfarter's Grandma drunk and she took her teeth out and blew me as I was finger banging her while wearing a Jesus sock puppet in the back of the boiler room at The Church of the Redeemer off I-20 (I don't care who you are, that's funny.)

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
Why would David Cross (funny comedian) waste his time writing such a long letter to Larry the Cable Guy (not funny comedian)?  seems like a waste of time.

It would be like Nick Cave writing a long ass letter to Nickelback about how much they suck.

Do you think Nick Cave would write a long ass letter to Nickelback if Nickelback came out with a song about how much Nick Cave could kiss their asses?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
Do you think Nick Cave would write a long ass letter to Nickelback if Nickelback came out with a song about how much Nick Cave could kiss their asses?

no

he probably wouldn't even know about it. lol

but if he did, i doubt he would care.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
no

he probably wouldn't even know about it.  lol

but if he did, i doubt he would care.

Eh, I disagree. Every celebrity has an ego, and very few of them like to have their egos challenged. Thats pretty much what I see with Cross and LtCG.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
Eh, I disagree.  Every celebrity has an ego, and very few of them like to have their egos challenged.  Thats pretty much what I see with Cross and LtCG.

yea, but i would imagine his ego wouldn't feel much of a challenge considering the source of the criticism.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
yea, but i would imagine his ego wouldn't feel much of a challenge considering the source of the criticism.

Have you ever seen one of those threads when someone you regard as smart gets dragged down into a stupid argument with a troll, and just wont give up? Sometimes people just love to argue, not matter what the circumstances, politics, or humor.

I know that I would take a little umbrage with someone who decided to call me out in his book without at least talking to me about what I said.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
Have you ever seen one of those threads when someone you regard as smart gets dragged down into a stupid argument with a troll, and just wont give up?  Sometimes people just love to argue, not matter what the circumstances, politics, or humor. 

I know that I would take a little umbrage with someone who decided to call me out in his book without at least talking to me about what I said.

You know what, I was just thinking about it and I wish Nick Cave would write a letter to Nickelback telling them how much they suck. That would be hilarious.

:drink

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
You know what, I was just thinking about it and I wish Nick Cave would write a letter to Nickelback telling them how much they suck.  That would be hilarious.

:drink

There is no doubt about that. But he can only do it if he writes another letter to 3 doors down saying the same thing ;)

This is a perfect example of why I would NEVER want to meet Cross face to face! He's sooooo damn good at this type of thing, that I would be fearful of saying something stupid and then finding my self at the mercy of his "attacks". I love the guy, but man, he is brutal. This isn't going to be a long battle at all, as it was just won quite easily.

Larry The Cable Guy sucks, and I am still in shock that anybody finds that s*** funny.

I'm a huge David Cross fan, and dissapointed he doesn't do more on that website.

This letter sums up so many of my feelings about the current state of what is popular in this country right now (ie, good, smart, shows like Too Late With Adam Carolla and Arrested Development get cancelled while "Yes Dear" keeps a chuggin).

One section I really liked though is when he talked about how if Larry and himself worked together, even though they have different views, they would likekly be able to get along still. I just think the media stirs the red and blue state s*** up so much that people think they can't be friendly with the other side. However, I have many friends who have polar political views, but we still manage to get a long very well.

I do have to admit that I just don't get the whole "Blue Collar Comedy" tour/show etc... it's been on in before and I haven't even be slightly amused by it. Not that I don't like a lot of the toilet humor stuff, I crack up every time Terrance and Phillip are on South Park (and yes, I know there is supposed to be satire in those characters about how simple the humor is, but it's still funny on the fart humor level as well).

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
I'm a huge David Cross fan, and dissapointed he doesn't do more on that website.

This letter sums up so many of my feelings about the current state of what is popular in this country right now (ie, good, smart, shows like Too Late With Adam Carolla and Arrested Development get cancelled while "Yes Dear" keeps a chuggin). 

I have to stop you there. Adam Carolla's new show was terrible. Even the studio audience didn't laugh.