David Cross' Open Letter to Larry the Cable Guy

3E8

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
I have to stop you there. Adam Carolla's new show was terrible. Even the studio audience didn't laugh.

Have to respectfully disagree with you there.... They pulled the audience after the first two weeks because it wasn't working. I understand how some people wouldn't like the show, but I think Carolla is one of the funniest people working and I am extremely pissed that WCKG is going to run some guy out of Cleveland named "Rover" instead of picking up Carolla's show when Stern goes to Sirius.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
Has Dane Cook bashed him too?    :huh:

I like Dane Cook's stand-up more than his.

Probably not. You've seen Cross' routine so you obviously know he can be quite harsh without any warrant.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
Have to respectfully disagree with you there....  They pulled the audience after the first two weeks because it wasn't working.  I understand how some people wouldn't like the show, but I think Carolla is one of the funniest people working and I am extremely pissed that WCKG is going to run some guy out of Cleveland named "Rover" instead of picking up Carolla's show when Stern goes to Sirius.

i'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you, at least with the tv show, corolla on loveline was hilarious, but wow, his too late show was god awful. I don't think i've ever been so unamused with a show before. Everything about him screamed uncomfortable, and the points he made were just terrible...

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Have to respectfully disagree with you there....  They pulled the audience after the first two weeks because it wasn't working.  I understand how some people wouldn't like the show, but I think Carolla is one of the funniest people working and I am extremely pissed that WCKG is going to run some guy out of Cleveland named "Rover" instead of picking up Carolla's show when Stern goes to Sirius.

Because Carolla won't be live for Chicago and Rover will be.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
This letter sums up so many of my feelings about the current state of what is popular in this country right now (ie, good, smart, shows like Too Late With Adam Carolla and Arrested Development get cancelled while "Yes Dear" keeps a chuggin). 

Adam Carolla's show didnt make it because stuff like this happens,

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/steveocorolla.html

and as you can see Adam is pretty much powerless to stop it either because he doesnt care or he knows he cant stop it.