NO Levees only built half as deep as thought

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
Not trying to pick a fight here...only trying to understand the new rules...why does this get a thread instead of being posted in the "Politics" thread?

shouldn't there be a difference between news and politics?

QUOTE(bmags @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
shouldn't there be a difference between news and politics?

So what happens if I use some piece of posted news to make a political point? Like if I were to say "This is why we can't trust outside contractors with major public works construction projects" or something like that?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
So what happens if I use some piece of posted news to make a political point?  Like if I were to say "This is why we can't trust outside contractors with major public works construction projects" or something like that?

we'd say good point, and move on

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
Those making the decisions here have to realize they are at fault with this politics thing, come up with a reasonable solution, and move on.

Conversely, we all move on and engage our political concerns in other matters. And it seems many of us have done so.

I was joking about it being a slow couple of news cycles, btw, and that was probably apparent.

I don't know about calling the decision 'being at fault.' SLaP evolved into something pretty neat, and likely unique on a secondary forum on a sports board. I'll miss that, fights and all, but not my call to make. It was heartening to see some righties and lefties equally saddened by the move, though, which suggests what we all know - there is a sense of community here that is bigger than any social or political differences any of us have with each other.

Love and do what you will. :cheers

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 07:59 AM)
Still waiting for the name change for this forum:

Sex, Lies and..............uhhh...........and............

Sex, Lies and Your Favorite Bad Movies

Sex, Lies and Other Random Stuff

Sex, Lies and Keep Yer Politics To Yerself

:P

That last one ...hmmmm ... not bad.