See anything strange today...?

Steff

I was driving back from getting a sammich from Carms for lunch when I saw a strangely disturbing sight. There was a lady crossing Wolf Road just before Roosevelt by the cemetary. She got to the other side, and then went back out into the street to pick something up. I slowed down so that she wouldn't make a dent in my front bumper (don't ya hate it when that happens) and I saw that the "package" she was picking up was actually a dead squirrel!! She had it by the end of it's fuzzy little tail and it was swinging around like a pendulum. When she got back up on the curb, she threw the squirrel down on the ground and stared at him like she was gonna jack him for his fur coat, but maybe she was just looking for some ID so his family wouldn't have to identify him. I didn't get to see the end of the saga because I had to turn and it's not nice to gawk at accident scenes anyway. So my little melodrama made me wonder: What weird things have you seen today?

:lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
I was driving back from getting a sammich from Carms for lunch when I saw a strangely disturbing sight. There was a lady crossing Wolf Road just before Roosevelt by the cemetary. She got to the other side, and then went back out into the street to pick something up. I slowed down so that she wouldn't make a dent in my front bumper (don't ya hate it when that happens) and I saw that the "package" she was picking up was actually a dead squirrel!! She had it by the end of it's fuzzy little tail and it was swinging around like a pendulum. When she got back up on the curb, she threw the squirrel down on the ground and stared at him like she was gonna jack him for his fur coat, but maybe she was just looking for some ID so his family wouldn't have to identify him. I didn't get to see the end of the saga because I had to turn and it's not nice to gawk at accident scenes anyway. So my little melodrama made me wonder: What weird things have you seen today?

It wasn't today, but last week I saw a guy walking along the Fox River with a big black plastic garbage bag and a one of those things they used to use in a grocery store to grab rolls of toilet paper from a high shelf. I thought he was picking up garbage that people threw along and in the river, but as he got closer, I saw him reach into the river and pull out a dead goose and then put it in the bag. I kept watching him and he then pulled out a few dead fish and put them in the bag too. He kept walking along the shore and then reached into some high grass and pulled out what looked like a dead otter and put that in the bag. I watched him for about 15 minutes or so and he put about 10 more dead animals in his bag before he finally got in his car and left. And I forgot to mention that he was with what looked like his wife and daughter. The daughter looked to be about 13 or so.

Edited by zach61

Zach.. you just reminded me of something from when Jim and I were in Florida last week.. on.. what is that.. 95 that takes us from 528 into Melbourne...? Anyhoo.. on 95 it's soooo damn dark. No streetlights like here in Chicago along 55, 355, 294, etc... and we saw a ton of cars just sitting along the side of the road. I wondered to myself.. why don't the cops stop and check them out (saw a ton of cops with their radar going.. )..? We saw a bunch just parked on the side of the road near KSC also. People just leave there cars wherever down there I guess.. :huh

I saw a homeless guy walking down the side of the road with a gallon of milk. Why would he get milk? You can't drink a gallon of milk that fast, or you'll throw up. I know he was probably going to save it, but why would he want to carry around milk for a few days before he drinks it all? Maybe it's normal for homeless people to be carrying around gallons of milk, but I've never seen it in my town before.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)

maybe she was a member of PETA and was mad at the squirrel for wearing fur!!!!?????

:bang :bang

I was waiting for the CTA bus outside school today with some kid whom, for whatever reason, decided to wear khaki shorts. I don't know--perhaps he didn't notice the snow, or the bitter cold once he exited his residence, but it was ridiculous. What's funny is the bus took nearly 15 minutes to arrive where we were. I laughed, all snuggled up in a thermal jacket and thick black stocking hat.

My dad opened the trash can yesterday (in our kitchen) and I saw 5 bucks sitting in there. I looked at him and said man what a fool you are, you just threw out 5 bucks on accident so I'm going to have to take it.

After poking fun at him for being senile (which he isn't) I than realized it was me who had just thrown 5 bucks out and well he had the last laugh.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
My dad opened the trash can yesterday (in our kitchen) and I saw 5 bucks sitting in there. I looked at him and said man what a fool you are, you just threw out 5 bucks on accident so I'm going to have to take it.

After poking fun at him for being senile (which he isn't) I than realized it was me who had just thrown 5 bucks out and well he had the last laugh.

That just cements my belief that YOU are senile Jason. I first suspected it this afternoon after reading your UCLA-USC prediction!

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)

very very funny, and very well written narrative! :notworthy

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
I saw a homeless guy walking down the side of the road with a gallon of milk. Why would he get milk? You can't drink a gallon of milk that fast, or you'll throw up. I know he was probably going to save it, but why would he want to carry around milk for a few days before he drinks it all? Maybe it's normal for homeless people to be carrying around gallons of milk, but I've never seen it in my town before.

Maybe he stole it.......... :D

I saw a lady standing in the middle of a semi-busy street (two lanes each direction) holding a German Shepherd by its collar. On the sidewalk was a girl who looked to be 4 or 5 years old. After I drove past, the woman released the dog with, I'm guessing, the intention that it go to the kid on the sidewalk. The dog, of course, gets to the first lane and freezes. Now, I'm looking at this in my rearview mirror thinking something bad is going to happen. I can just picture the girl stepping off the curb to retrieve the dog and getting hit by a car (there was one coming). Instead, the lady moves toward the dog and it comes back to her in the middle of the street. How dumb is this lady? Couldn't she have just walked the dog over to the girl? :bang

I was pulling into my garage and glanced across the street to see my neighbor putting his lights on his house. This may not seem strange, but when you take into account there was a dust-storm happening with consistent gusts of 30-40 mph, and to top it off, he had his child, who looked to be no older than 5 years old, on the roof with him. I was in shock. I just don't know what some people are thinking, or not thinking.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 3, 2005 -> 04:53 AM)
I was waiting for the CTA bus outside school today with some kid whom, for whatever reason, decided to wear khaki shorts. I don't know--perhaps he didn't notice the snow, or the bitter cold once he exited his residence, but it was ridiculous. What's funny is the bus took nearly 15 minutes to arrive where we were. I laughed, all snuggled up in a thermal jacket and thick black stocking hat.

I've seen lots of people wearing shorts in the middle of winter. Just last week I saw somebody wearing SANDALS with NO SOCKS in the middle of a snowstorm. :o

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Strange thing I notice...but hot girls wearing short skirts in the cold, yet they wear those warm furry boots.  I just don't get it (not complaining cause it looks hot) but if your cold why not wear something thats going to keep you warm.

Because.

:P