Worst baseball

clujer420

This, truly, is pathetic.

There isn't much point in saying all the reasons that it is pathetic, because they have already been said ad nausium.

I'm a big Lakers fan, and despite how poorly they looked at times during this past season, I never lost hope because of their track record of coming up big when they needed to, and because they were the defending 3-time champions. Of course, they are out of this year's playoffs, but the point that I'm trying to make is that despite how much we keep saying "this Sox team will turn it around", I'm starting to wonder why we keep saying that. The Sox haven't shown s*** in the past 3 years, and this is NOT the team we had in the magical 2000 season. With the Lakers, you always had hope because they've come up huge many times in the past, and they'd proven that they were ready, willing, and able to do what it took to win. I'm becoming convinced that this Sox team, while talented, is simply not capable of that.

:angry:

Guest hotsoxchick1

well i have seen the sox do alot worse than this..... but......the way this team looked so freakin great on PAPER.. who would have thunk they would have sucked so badly in real life.............. :huh:

well i have seen the sox do alot worse than this..... but......the way this team looked so freakin great on PAPER.. who would have thunk they would have sucked so badly in real life.............. :huh:

Like Koch said before the season, "Paper can't throw strikes and paper can't hit the ball". Be it ever so true. :lolhitting

White sucks the big one, he's got to go. Gordon is to streaky, so I would ditch him to. I wish they could deal Konerko for some bullpen help.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Like Koch said before the season, "Paper can't throw strikes and paper can't hit the ball".  Be it ever so true.    :lolhitting

but paper covers rock ........... i wish it would cover this team......... :o

This, truly, is pathetic.

There isn't much point in saying all the reasons that it is pathetic, because they have already been said ad nausium.

taking your thread title into account, you are so very young - this is a team goingin to today's game at only 3 under, maybe soon to be 4 -but "worst"?

Beginning with 1970 - go back and check out the records of most Sox teams from the 20s, 30s, and 40s - skip ahead to 69 and look at some years in the 70s and 80s - a whole of lot of teams that have played a whole lot worse than this one. This team can't touch some of our bad teams of the past no matter how hard they try.

This is s very disappointing season thus far to be sure. And yet we end today maybe 4 games under. Look around the current standings and you will find many teams paying worse, some far worse, than us.

That does not take away that this team needs to get its ass in gear and start performing at the levels that they are capable of. But to proclaim this "worst baseball" is a young person's overstated emotion and not factual.

I suspect a whole lot of you would have have the (1) heart, or (2) guts, or (3) testacles, or (4) commitment to have last the 70 season. That was a team with no hope. None.

If someone wants to say tonight's performance is pathetic, I would surely agree. As well as two of our last four have been pathetic and two have been ones that were winnable had we played better.

Not just on paper, either - there was a LOT of good stuff happening towards the end of spring - Konerko was hitting a ton, Frank was coming around after a bad start, the pitching looked good, and they hadn't kicked the ball around that much. There was good reason for people to be excited about this team. Then you factor in what SHOULD have been a relatively easy early schedule and you had every reason to think the Sox would jump of the gate in a big way. My guess was that they'd start 17-5 or 15-7 at the worst. Shows how wrong you can be.

The addition of Colon, Daubach, Koch, Gordon and Loaiza made it look like the Sox had addressed several glaring needs, and the only question marks I had were in CF, 2B and behind the plate.

Who would EVER have guessed that so many things would all go wrong at once???

I keep waiting for the "real" 2003 Sox to show up, but more and more I'm wondering if they already have. MAN, I hope not...

taking your thread title into account, you are so very young - this is a team goingin to today's game at only 3 under, maybe soon to be 4 -but "worst"?

Beginning with 1970 - go back and check out the records of most Sox teams from the 20s, 30s, and 40s - skip ahead to 69 and look at some years in the 70s and 80s - a whole of lot of teams that have played a whole lot worse than this one.  This team can't touch some of our bad teams of the past no matter how hard they try.

This is s very disappointing season thus far to be sure.  And yet we end today maybe 4 games under.  Look around the current standings and you will find many teams paying worse, some far worse, than us.

That does not take away that this team needs to get its ass in gear and start performing at the levels that they are capable of.  But to proclaim this "worst baseball" is a young person's overstated emotion and not factual.

I suspect a whole lot of you would have have the (1) heart, or (2) guts, or (3) testacles, or (4) commitment to have last the 70 season.  That was a team with no hope.  None.

If someone wants to say tonight's performance is pathetic, I would surely agree.  As well as two of our last four have been pathetic and two have been ones that were winnable had we played better.

A team having no hope to begin with is one thing. I don't know if that was the case with the 1970 Sox. But, this year's squad, as Michelle said, on PAPER, should have been in contention all year long. So far, we're a joke. We can't get a hit when we need it, and we can't retire a batter when we need it.

And yes, I'm only 22, so I haven't seen very may Sox seasons, but this is the worst I've ever seen a Sox team play.

Of course some of our losses have been winnable, but that's the point. We managed to lose -- the sign of a long, painful season.

LMAO, these commercials are hilarious with this stupid little whore girl singing. What a joke -- I suppose it's appropriate, given this Sox team and the way they've played through 44 games.

Guest hotsoxchick1

hell on paper we should have been able to kick the living s*** out of any team face.........wish we could do the season on paper instead of having to play it.......... :rolleyes:

hmmm,

rush home, log on, http://www.chisox.com slight delay while screen loads can't wait to see game

f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***

:fyou :fyou :fyou :angry: :angry: :angry:

In a recent winning tradition get out the bolt cutters and geld these f***ers!

I am giving up on this team until 7:05 tomorrow

Guest hotsoxchick1

well while i dont find the new commercials all that entertaining.. and they sure as hell dont make me want to see a ball game.. there is no reason to call that little kid a whore for doing the commercial......geez us.......

Guest hotsoxchick1

Niiiiice...mommy issues flaring up again??

Heh.

Maybe that was a bit harsh -- Sox rage syndrome is infecting me. ;)

then direct your issues to the right people.... call jr and give him hell.......... :D

Heh.

I understand what you're going through. Eventually I think I'll need Anger Management therapy from watching too much White Sox baseball.

CWSOX45 :bang

CWSOX45

Heh.

then direct your issues to the right people.... call jr and give him hell.......... :D

I don't see JR wearing a uniform, do you?

Blame the players that don't seem to care, not the guy sitting up in the suite with his head in his hands.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Heh.

Blame the players that don't seem to care, not the guy sitting up in the suite with his head in his hands.

ok you missed the point on that one..... no problem though i have a better solution for your anger management .. instead of takin it out on little kids.. just invite bmr over and kick him around a bit .........it may not take away the sox loss but it sure will make ya feel a ton better......... :D

Heh.

Give me Reinsdorfs or someone higher ups number and I'll be glad to call them and give them a little advice.

I'll list some players that I think have talent and help do their job ;)

Heh.

His head is in his hands to hide the laughter as he laughs all the way to the bank.

Heh.

His head is in his hands to hide the laughter as he laughs all the way to the bank.

With the attendance the way it's been so far, I doubt his deposit slips at the local bank have very many 0's on them. It's just an all-around sad display of baseball by, supposedly, the 3rd largest market in the country. We deserve infinitely better.