Worst baseball

clujer420

Niiiiice...mommy issues flaring up again??

Heh.

Maybe that was a bit harsh -- Sox rage syndrome is infecting me. ;)

then direct your issues to the right people.... call jr and give him hell.......... :D

I don't see JR wearing a uniform, do you?

Blame the players that don't seem to care, not the guy sitting up in the suite with his head in his hands.

His head is in his hands to hide the laughter as he laughs all the way to the bank.

With the attendance the way it's been so far, I doubt his deposit slips at the local bank have very many 0's on them. It's just an all-around sad display of baseball by, supposedly, the 3rd largest market in the country. We deserve infinitely better.

You're right he could be making alot more, but I bet he is still making alot and taking little or no risk to do it.

I want to know why we lost three vs. Minn after sweeping the O's.

I thought Game Three of the O's series was great.

Colon beaned that guy and got tossed showing loyalty to Maggs who got plunked for slamming the game-winning hit.

Frank had a big walk when it counted late and we looked like we were clicking.

I guess it's simple. We won because we were playing the O's and that series meant nothing.

I want to know why we lost three vs. Minn after sweeping the O's.

I thought Game Three of the O's series was great.

Colon beaned that guy and got tossed showing loyalty to Maggs who got plunked for slamming the game-winning hit.

Frank had a big walk when it counted late and we looked like we were clicking.

I guess it's simple. We won because we were playing the O's and that series meant nothing.

We lost three to the Twins because they play good defense and the Sox don't. They won game two on their defense and we lost game three because of our defense.

If the Sox were a fundementally sound team they win 2 of 3 and are I think one game back, maybe two.

Let me try and wax the philosophical for a bit. I see the Sox problems starting farther back like towards the end of the 2000 campaign. We played pretty ragged towards the end of that season and then got swept by the Mariners in the playoffs when I believe we had the best record in the AL. You had a good mix of players and most having outstanding, even though I would not say career years, and then we went into 2001 and again in 2002 trading away some of those pieces. We also continued to slide. We never get off to a good start even in 2000 we didn't. We gelled later. I see a lot of talent on this team as far as hitting anyway and some real good pitching when their on their game, which has been up and down and for some none existent. We have tried to build a team on offense. The old baseball axioms are you win on speed, defense and pitching. Offense is nice, but when it ain't there the other holes in your team are magnified. If we had the consistent pitching and at least some offense it might be good enough to keep us in contention. Right now we have no defense and no speed and no offense and inconsistent pitching. Sometimes the hitters step up and at other times we have good pitching, but usually only for a couple games out of 5 or 6. The old Sox teams of the past were built around speed and defense and pitching and were in contention with the likes of the powerhouse Yankees all the way to the end.

I think, that if this present team makeup can't start producing then we need to start looking at some BIG changes. We are wasting money on free agents like Colon, who can be a super star pitcher, if we only keep him for a year. We should have had him signed to a long term contract before the season started. If we don't plan on doing that then we need to start looking at what we have in the farm system and what we can obtain through trades and change the makeup of this team.

I hope the season is still young enough, and since we are only 5 or so out, there is still that hope we can turn it around. However, as much of a diehard Sox fan I am, the reality I am seeing is we don't have the talent or the drive to compete for the pennant. It doesn't matter if Minnesota has to go and face the likes of Oakland, Seattle, NY or Boston, if we can't beat any of those teams either and the Twins besides. Heck we can't even beat the Royals. I hope we can get focused now...

The Sox were at one point 55-30 in 2000. After that, counting the playoffs they were .500. They were 83-79 and 81-81 in 01 aand 02 respectively IIRC. They threaten to implode this year. We are living off of the glow of about a half a season three years ago. A desert mirage it's beginning to look like.

We are living off of the glow of about a half a season three years ago. A desert mirage it's beginning to look like.

C'mon now..... it's cheaper for Reinsdorf that way. SELL THE TEAM TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A FLYING f*** ASSHOLE!

Trade all 6 NBA Championships for 1 World Series Ring MY f***ING ASS!!!!! :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou

C'mon now..... it's cheaper for Reinsdorf that way. SELL THE TEAM TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A FLYING f*** ASSHOLE!

Trade all 6 NBA Championships for 1 World Series Ring MY f***ING ASS!!!!!  :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou

I may agree with you CubKilla, but who out there with money and a real desire to compete has surfaced that may want to purchase the Sox? You can't win with what we have been doing even though I think some of the moves KW has made have been good. In the scenario that I described I think KW might be better in the role as Farm Director, or whatever his old title was, because he seems to be pretty good at rating young talent. I point to the Marte trade as one example and I hope for my credibiity it's not the only one we can use. I am really starting to believe we need to look at the make up of the team and start working on improving speed and defense over the 5 run homer. We also need to stop giving up two or three pitching prospects in every trade.