Bowl Games

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Man, you tear down one set of goalposts and try to remove them from an indoor stadium through a revolving door, and you're labeled as stoopid. :lol:

At least you guys can get goalposts down.

ISU is setting a new standard for mediocrity in all sports lately. I suppose we have that women's gymnastics team...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
At least you guys can get goalposts down.

ISU is setting a new standard for mediocrity in all sports lately. I suppose we have that women's gymnastics team...

By the way, just cause you brought up wrestling I had to point out that Iowa won that match.

when ever ohio state blitzes you'll see what ND is so good at short passes to their 6'5 recievers and they break so many tackles... and have u ever seen a nd game? Brady Quinn breaks more tackles then any quarterback i think

QUOTE(trev76 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
when ever ohio state blitzes you'll see what ND is so good at short passes to their 6'5 recievers and they break so many tackles... and have u ever seen a nd game? Brady Quinn breaks more tackles then any quarterback i think

Yup. That said, I think this year's Fiesta Bowl has a very strong chance at being a preview to next year's Fiesta Bowl.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
this is probably a major thread hijack, but i've always been in favor of a 4 team playoff.

1) it adds only 1 game to the schedule

2) it will get rid of all those complicated years with 3 undefeated teams.

3) Some will say "but then we'll have the same argument over the 4th and 5th team".

But isn't that better than an argument from a 2nd and 3rd team? 

4) It definitely doesn't take away from the whole idea of "the entire season is a playoff"

but that's just my 2 cents

Isn't that pretty much what they are doing next year with the +1 deal???

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Man, you tear down one set of goalposts and try to remove them from an indoor stadium through a revolving door, and you're labeled as stoopid. :lol:

lol stupid but funny. I love the guy who had his pocket knife and was trying to cut part of the turf out.......or something.

QUOTE(trev76 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)

If for a moment you think that Brady Quinn could break one of OSU's LB's tackles you have another thing coming.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
If for a moment you think that Brady Quinn could break one of OSU's LB's tackles you have another thing coming.

I realize that OSU has Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, and Jon Vilma at linebacker this year, but Quinn is a strong kid that can break a lot of arm tackles, even from hefty defensive linemen. Yes, if he gets hit head on by AJ Hawk, he's going down, but Brady is more mobile than you think. Consider this: against USC when we need a third down back the most, who did Weis effectively use as a third down back?

QUOTE(Wedge @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
I realize that OSU has Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, and Jon Vilma at linebacker this year, but Quinn is a strong kid that can break a lot of arm tackles, even from hefty defensive linemen. Yes, if he gets hit head on by AJ Hawk, he's going down, but Brady is more mobile than you think. Consider this: against USC when we need a third down back the most, who did Weis effectively use as a third down back?

OSU's defense is better than USC's if he would like to scamper against a first round LB i hope he has his chinstrap on.