This Week in Politics 12/4-12/11

Rex Kickass

I'll lead off.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177617,00.html

The party of tolerance, champions of diversity and equality for all had this to say about a black man running for Senate in Maryland as a Republican.

But Steele, one of the Republican Party's most successful black politicians, is under attack. He has been depicted in black face and labeled a "simple Sambo" on a liberal Web site. He has been called an "Uncle Tom" by the Democratic leader in the state Senate.

f***ing hypocrites. Further proof that the Democratic party is all about seing black people get ahead...........provided you fall into lockstep with their leftist views.

:rolly

Oh, someone's blog.

That's like saying because Balta might accuse the president of stomping puppies, that's the view of the entire Democratic party.

It's wrong to call someone an Uncle Tom, or a Sambo, or expose their credit record (which in my opinion is REALLY REALLY wrong). But FOX News insinuating that some dude's blog is the voice of the Democrats is like me saying that Pat Robertson's blog would be the voice of the mainstream GOP. Damn liberal media bias.

Well, it does say that the guys who dug up his credit record have resigned...presumably that means they were told to clean out their desks and they'll be allowed to call it a resignation if they get done in like 20 minutes. Who the Hell thinks that it's a good idea to spread around a candidate's credit record?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 03:27 AM)
Is the "Democratic leader in the State Senate" an African American himself?

No he's not. Not that this guy saying it would have been acceptable in the first place. Nor would it have been acceptable to defend him as other Dems in Maryland did.

Thanks to the joys of Google, Here is the original post that the Fox News piece is referencing without linking to (very rude of them btw).

Here's a second post he wrote talking about the response to the first one.

Brief excerpt...

His spokesman said that this was a typical Democratic smear.

I called him a liar and said, more or less, that he knew that was untrue, I have no connection to Maryland, do not vote there, live there, or have any relationship with the Democratic Party of Maryland or any campaign in Maryland. He has no business blaming them for an independent person's private opinion.

Go read the rest if you want to evaluate the guy on your own. Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
Oh, someone's blog.

That's like saying because Balta might accuse the president of stomping puppies, that's the view of the entire Democratic party.

It's wrong to call someone an Uncle Tom, or a Sambo, or expose their credit record (which in my opinion is REALLY REALLY wrong). But FOX News insinuating that some dude's blog is the voice of the Democrats is like me saying that Pat Robertson's blog would be the voice of the mainstream GOP. Damn liberal media bias.

Some dude's blog? Nah.........

The Democratic leader of the State Senate?? Defenitely.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
He doesn't need to look it up...the original post is right up there.

You 2 misunderstood what i said. Rex talked about the "voice of the Democratic Party" insulting this candidate and I said that the Democratic leader of the State Senate certainly qualifies. I think "Uncle Tom" is pretty insulting, how about you?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/02/ira...s.ap/index.html

One way to beat the press.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A key senator and the country's top military commander said Friday that a Pentagon propaganda program was part of an effort to "get the truth out" in Iraq.

Leaving a Pentagon meeting with Defense Department officials, Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John Warner, R-Virginia, said the program, which pays to plant favorable stories with Iraqi journalists and newspapers, is a serious problem.

But Warner told The Associated Press that, "Things like this happen. It's a war. The disinformation that's going on in that country is really affecting the effectiveness of what we're achieving, and we have no recourse but to try and do some rebuttal information."

And Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, added that, "We want to get the facts out. We want to get the truth out."

Warner met with chief Pentagon spokesman Lawrence Di Rita and members of Pace's staff, but only bumped into Pace on his way out of the building

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 07:59 AM)
Interesting indeed, but Not Threadworthy.

So Sayeth SoxTalk.

Mod Tex, if you could move Scofflaw Tex's post into the Politics Clusterf*** thread, it would be much appreciated.  By somebody.

:)  :)  :)

When did the Dems and GOP start fighting a different war? This isn't about politics, this is about our efforts to win in Iraq and get the hell out.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 07:59 AM)
Interesting indeed, but Not Threadworthy.

So Sayeth SoxTalk.

Mod Tex, if you could move Scofflaw Tex's post into the Politics Clusterf*** thread, it would be much appreciated.  By somebody.

:)  :)  :)

That post was just too funny.

Politics Clusterf***!?

LMFAO!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
When did the Dems and GOP start fighting a different war? This isn't about politics, this is about our efforts to win in Iraq and get the hell out.

SoxTalk rules, not mine, Bro. :)

This is what Jason posted when the Clusterf*** Era began:

In case people are wondering what is political and what isn't:

-Slamming a political party

-Discussing Policies or different candidates

-Talking about the war in Iraq

-Basically anything that has a serious political agenda in nature.

I didn't raise a stink about Nuke posting on the Al Quaida #3 being blown up, because according to a Rules Pakistan/Afghanistan seem to have a loophole.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
And that wasn't really a political post.

A scandal involving the US government paying people in the press to print their work - would qualify as a political discussion.

Saying that a terrorist is reported dead is not.

I agree. Just pointing out at the same time that Afghanistan is not yet off limits according to Da Rules.

Edit to add: Let me qualify that I think Da Rules have ovrstepped what is technically a political post. According to Jason's list any "Talking about the war in Iraq is political amnd therefore verboten. If the terrorist had been wasted in Iraq as part of the war effort, it would not be allowed it's own thread.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

I'm closing this.

But I will say this.

#1 - I learned my lesson, I'm not "debating" near as much as I used to.

#2 - you all are going to have to fight your own battles because unless it gets REALLY REALLY bad, the mods will not step in anymore. This doesn't give you all free reign to post whatever you want, but, I think the response to what we were trying to do suggests the feeding frenzy format is better. The "clusterf*ck" thread idea is done. Have fun.