The Yanks Losing Money

DBAHO

Can't say anyone's going to feel sorry for them at all;

The Yankees lost between $50 million and $85 million for the 2005 season, according to a Daily News report.

In addition to their $200 million+ payroll, the Yankees poured almost $110 million into revenue sharing and luxury tax last season. Also, the Yankees might have to share additional revenue with poorer clubs if a consultant hired by MLB decides they undervalued their television rights. This is why the Yankees have yet to look like big players on the free-agent market. Dec. 4 - 4:34 am et

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
EAT s*** SPANKEES!!!!!!!!

how does the saying goes "you reap what you sow"

as yansy said, all those crazy contracts. but lets look at it this way. was this the only yr they lost money or what?

QUOTE(LDF @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
how does the saying goes "you reap what you sow"

as yansy said, all those crazy contracts. but lets look at it this way. was this the only yr they lost money or what?

I dont know but with their money troubles and aging roster I expect them to be less and less of a force in the coming years.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
I dont know but with their money troubles and aging roster I expect them to be less and less of a force in the coming years.

That team is definitely a mess right now, they have a lot of work to do to get themselves back into the title picture imo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
That team is definitely a mess right now, they have a lot of work to do to get themselves back into the title picture imo.

Thankfully, they have Kyle Farnsworth to fix all of their problems on the pitching side of the ball. :)

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
If any collectors show up at the Yankees' door, they can just send him out to spear them, pick them up, slam them down, and bust their noses.

FEAR THE SPEAR!

205044.jpg

Now we need Farnsworth's face photoshopped onto there.