Winter Meetings Poll

RME JICO

Who will KW most likely move in the Winter Meetings?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will KW most likely move in the Winter Meetings?

• Orlando Hernandez
    • Jon Garland
    • Brandon McCarthy
    • Damaso Marte
    • Dustin Hermanson
    • Joe Crede
    • Willie Harris
    • Timo Perez
    • Joe Borchard
    • Other

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
The only name on last years 25 man roster that has a chance of being moved is Marte, other than that expect KW to sit on his thumbs during the meetings.

i wouldn't say that kw is going into the meeting looking to trade anyone. however, i am sure other managers may have guess that at the end of last season marte was in the doghouse.

if a manager propose something for any of the players have, i am sure he will listen. i think his next spending is going to come from the non tenders field.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
The only name on last years 25 man roster that has a chance of being moved is Marte, other than that expect KW to sit on his thumbs during the meetings.

I agree, although I think that El Duque also has a shot at being moved.

I am just wondering if there is going to be a big surprise since after the Thome and Konerko deals, everyone feels like the Sox are basically done. This normally means something big is in the works.

Edited by WinninUgly

Timo is just flatout gone...or should be anyways. Non-tendered.

Of those on the list...I see Marte as the most likely, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see Willie go. That is nothing against Willie, I just am not sure how much KW and Ozzie like him.

Then again, I have been expecting Willie to be moved for about 5 years now though, so maybe he'll just be a Sox lifer. :bang :D

And yes, I know the Sox acquired Willie going into the 2002 season, thus they've only had him 4 years.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
I voted for Hermanson.  In this market of closers going for so much, I think teams that lost out would be willing to give up something for someone who had 34 saves and a 2.04 ERA.

Hermanson is unlikely to even play next year.. any team that trades for him is just dumb.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
Where's the no one option?

I just rolled that up with "other". I can't edit it or I would put that on there. Either way I was asking who was the "most likely" if you had to choose someone.

I assumed Marte would be high, but I am surprised to see Garland in 2nd.

Edited by WinninUgly

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
You dont think Don Cooper and the minor league manager had more to do with that than Hermanson..........

Of course they did. Still, Hermie was constantly talking to Jenks about his mindset and how to approach being a ML closer.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
You dont think Don Cooper and the minor league manager had more to do with that than Hermanson..........

jenks have said it, while the game was on, hermie would saunter by and sat by him. he would then start peppering him with situations on how the game is going and asked him question on situation.

the bottom line is hermie provided what is essence being a bench coach for jenks during the season. he also worked with the youngster when they came up. this is all documented by the press. i don't know, but to me, this is a making of a good coach.