Bears vs Packers

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
I think the Bears will draft a WR (the wrong one; e.g. Dez White) or probably trade down for multiple picks. It's the Jerry Angelo school of thinking.

I hope the take Avant. They would be able to get him because they will be drafting in the 20's. If not with the first pick, IMHO you draft him with your 2nd pick.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Shut Up!  All of you blind Grossman supporters should realize that he isn't even healthy enough to start.  You want Jeff Blake over Orton?  Because Grossman coming in right now isn't even a f***ing valid option.  Grossman is healthy enough to be a 3rd String QB that is it.

Grossman isin't a viable option IMO. Yeah he has more talent than Orton ( DUH! ) but you breathe on the guy wrong and hes out 4-6 weeks.

For now I say give Blake a chance ( wont happen cause the defense keeps bailing out Orton ). In the offseason its time to look for a star QB in free agency or at least a serviceable one.

QUOTE(ilsox7 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
You said the reason Orton sucked is b/c his WR's suck.  I simply pointed out that you were wrong.  And, I went on further to say that only the coaches really and truly know if Grossman is ready and able to take over for Grossman.

and the coaches know that by Grossman being 3rd string. Isn't that message enough.

Orton wasn't good at all today, but you guys are being way to hard on him. His job is as a caretaker of the offense, don't turn the ball over, and he did that oce again. The playcalling left a lot to be desired today.

We didn't complete a third down through the air because we were running mostly shooptastic 5-yard routes on 3rd-and-7.

Jones still isn't right. He's afraid to run between the tackles. He should be used more as a 3rd down back until he actually takes on a defender. I know somebody's going to say, "but he got 80 yards today".. I say great, 75 of them were to the outside. Which is all fine and dandy, but that's a finesse running attack; All-or-nothing. I'd rather stick with A-Pete getting most of the carries up the middle.

Worst call of the game was 3rd-and-1 when A-Pete has driven you 50 yards all between the tackles, and they throw this misdirection pitch that puts him 1-on-1 on the outside. Run it down their throats. Sure you got stopped on 2nd-and-1, but you succeeded on the 8 previous plays before that.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
and the coaches know that by Grossman being 3rd string.  Isn't that message enough.

What they say and what they do are two totally different things. If orton ever gets knocked out ( awwwwww shucks...) i bet grossman ends up in the game before blake.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
Orton wasn't good at all today, but you guys are being way to hard on him. His job is as a caretaker of the offense, don't turn the ball over, and he did that oce again. The playcalling left a lot to be desired today.

We didn't complete a third down through the air because we were running mostly shooptastic 5-yard routes on 3rd-and-7.

Jones still isn't right. He's afraid to run between the tackles. He should be used more as a 3rd down back until he actually takes on a defender. I know somebody's going to say, "but he got 80 yards today".. I say great, 75 of them were to the outside. Which is all fine and dandy, but that's a finesse running attack; All-or-nothing. I'd rather stick with A-Pete getting most of the carries up the middle.

Worst call of the game was 3rd-and-1 when A-Pete has driven you 50 yards all between the tackles, and they throw this misdirection pitch that puts him 1-on-1 on the outside. Run it down their throats. Sure you got stopped on 2nd-and-1, but you succeeded on the 8 previous plays before that.

i won't accept that his job is solely to be a caretaker, first of all, he isn't even doing that...

second of all, we need production from the QB position, more exactly, we need third down conversions, he is so bad at that, we may as well just have two downs and punt. He overthrows EVERYONE so we really don't have a deep threat. He makes so many poor decisions a game even trying to just "manage" the game. We are winning in spite of him. He is our jon shoop of 01.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
Grossman isin't a viable option IMO.  Yeah he has more talent than Orton ( DUH! ) but you breathe on the guy wrong and hes out 4-6 weeks.

For now I say give Blake a chance ( wont happen cause the defense keeps bailing out Orton ).  In the offseason its time to look for a star QB in free agency or at least a serviceable one.

Jeff Blake was OK was in 2002. His numbers in 2003 and in 2004 are worse than Orton's right now.

and the coaches know that by Grossman being 3rd string.  Isn't that message enough.

AGAIN, all I said is that your assertion that Orton sucks b/c he has no WR's was wrong. I then went on to say that Grossman, IN MY OPINION, would probably not be worse than Orton. HOWEVER, it is up to the coaches to determine when he is ready and if he should take over. What part of that do you not understand?

Grossman is only 3rd string until he's 100%. When hes totally healthy ( trying to keep a straight face when I say that ) then he moves up to 2nd.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)

thank you. I agree with you 100%. Do you think that if Orton is up against a bad team that they should maybe open up the playbook to see what Orton can do? I would like to see if he can do what he did against Detroit again. But i was yelling at the TV when Peterson didn't get the ball at that time. Why stop with what is going right.

Orton has more NFL game experience than Grossman. Orton does seem to be regressing a bit. Obviously, we aren't around practice, and have seen so little of Grossman and really don't know how he looks right now, but if passes can't be completed, it may be time for Rex to get on the field. The Bears are legitimate Super Bowl contenders with an average offense. I just don't see them winning games in the playoffs with zero offensive touchdowns like today, or 1 offensive touchdown when the defense gets them the ball on the 1 yard line.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
I think the Bears will draft a WR (the wrong one; e.g. Dez White) or probably trade down for multiple picks. It's the Jerry Angelo school of thinking.

Dez White was a 4th round pick. At that point in the draft, it is shoot-and-see. Bad example. A better example is David Terrell.

QUOTE(trev76 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
Big game next week at steelers... Orton's going to have to play descent or else I'd like to see grossman get in from what I've seen of grossman he can at least give the recievers a shot at catching the ball

I love how Grossman is considered the savior. How do we know that Grossman is better. Because he throws for more yards?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
Because thats all they ever do.  How many high picks have we wasted in the last 10 years trying to draft the next Walter Payton?

LOL, so now you take a shot at Jerry Angelo and his drafting. That's funny...

Oh, and Jeff Blake? Ahahah, you're killing me! :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was at the game today. Good to see Rowand there, he got a nice round of applause from everyone.

Orton was bad. Real bad. He made about two good throws all game long, both being the throws to Berrian.

Then again, I wasn't all too pleased with Turner's gameplan today, either. It seemed like he really pulled the reigns back a whole lot.

But, they won, so I'm happy. They didn't play a very good game, but good to see Robbie Gould have a nice game.

One more thing -- as a Grossman fan, I'm not calling for him yet. Orton hasn't done enough wrong to warrant that. But -- eventually, for the comfort of all of us, he's going to have to show that he can actually give us a competent passing game.

Either way, next week's game should be a real good one.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
LOL, so now you take a shot at Jerry Angelo and his drafting.  That's funny...

Oh, and Jeff Blake?  Ahahah, you're killing me!  :lol:

Glad you're amused...............I was laughing a lot harder earlier watching the POS Orton try to throw the ball. What's his rating right now? Yeah thats what I f***ing thought.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND