Bears vs Packers

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
Getting away from how awful Orton is for a moment........

Did anyone else enjoy watching Farve get demolished as much as I did?  He got absolutely creamed on a couple of those sacks.

He looked like a staggering old man being helped across the street by 2 of his O-Linemen after the P-Nut sack, I took great pleasure in that.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
but can grossman do worse?

^^^

only way to find out who will do better with this club, is to play both of them. best time to play grossman: against a s***ty team like green bay, especially if orton can't score a f***ing touchdown.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)
Glad you're amused...............I was laughing a lot harder earlier watching the POS Orton try to throw the ball.  What's his rating right now?  Yeah thats what I f***ing thought.

LOL -- you think I'm an Orton fan? Have you read any of my posts...?

The thing that really dissapoints me when it comes to Orton is that he hasn't improved one bit since the start of the season. If anything, he's actually, somehow, gotten worse. All the Orton backers need to let it go. The guy flat sucks. Whenever Grossman is ready, put him in.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Next week should be a fun game. Pittsburgh is so gonna own the Bears offense.

Just like Green Bay, Tampa, Carolina and damn near everybody else has so far this season. So far it hasn't bitten us in the ass too badly but as soon as the defense has an off day then it damn sure will.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 08:18 AM)
who does he have as a Wide Receiver?  Moose will be double covered.  This is why the Bears need to draft a Receiver with the first pick.  He has no Receiving talent around him if Moose is double covered and that is what has been going on.

I love this, I really do. Brett Favre threw for 277 yards today, and he's only got Donald Driver who's a better than average receiver to throw to.

Kyle Orton on the other hand makes 35.3% of his throws and only 6, that's right, count em, 6 completions.

And now for my favorite argument. "But the Bears are still winning with Orton behind center!!!!". Well I put forward this argument to you. The ranking of the offenses the Bears have beaten during their streak, 17th, 18th, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 32nd.

Just wait until the Bears actually play a team with a top 10 offense. You won't survive when your QB is passing for 68 yards.

EDIT: And are the Packers a Good Team defensively? Hell no, especially in the secondary. E.g If Orton was ever going to have a good day, today was gonna be the day.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
I love this, I really do. Brett Favre threw for 277 yards today, and he's only got Donald Driver who's a better than average receiver to throw to.

Kyle Orton on the other hand makes 35.3% of his throws  and only 6, that's right, count em, 6 completions.

And now for my favorite argument. "But the Bears are still winning with Orton behind center!!!!". Well I put forward this argument to you. The ranking of the offenses the Bears have beaten during their streak, 17th, 18th, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 32nd.

Just wait until the Bears actually play a team with a top 10 offense. You won't survive when your QB is passing for 68 yards.

EDIT: And are the Packers a Good Team defensively? Hell no, especially in the secondary. E.g If Orton was ever going to have a good day, today was gonna be the day.

They played an elite offense in the Panthers. You know the rest.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 07:33 AM)
They played an elite offense in the Panthers.  You know the rest.

The Panthers arent an elite offense... they are a 1 demensional offense and because of that we were able to dominate them.

The teams in the NFC that would give us trouble are the Cowboys(although I think less so every week), Giants, and Seahawks....

In the AFC id say Colts obviously and Chargers.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
The Panthers arent an elite offense... they are a 1 demensional offense and because of that we were able to dominate them.

The teams in the NFC that would give us trouble are the Cowboys(although I think less so every week), Giants, and Seahawks....

The Panthers were averaging nearly 30 ppg in their last 6 games leading up to their match-up with the Bears. That's all I need to know.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)

Cowboys suck ass and the Giants barely managed 17 points against them. Eli Manning is a joke but Barber is pretty damn good.

All that aside.......Against an elite offense like Indy, SD, or Seattle ( throw in Kansas City as well since they knocked off Denver ) the Bears will not survive. Simply put if the other team manages more than 21 points they're done for.

EDIT: We all saw what happened to the Bears when they played Cincy.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
The Panthers were averaging nearly 30 ppg in their last 6 games leading up to their match-up with the Bears.  That's all I need to know.

And those teams they played were Green Bay (32), Arizona (24), Detroit (21), Minny (38), Tampa Bay (34) and the Jets (30).

I'm counting only 1 really good defensive team there.

As Rex Grossmans biggest fan... im not sure i can be totally biased in my comments....

however, allow me to try

I think no matter who this team puts in at qb... they're going to be expected to manage the game... this formula has us on an 8-game winning streak and it would be silly to try and go out and get into a fire fight when were wielding only a cap gun.

If Rex magically gets on the field at some point this year (wish i sincerely hope... yet doubt) i cant see turner or smith opening up the playbook for him either... were still gonna be run-run-run-run-run-pass. THAT BEING SAID... i think that Rex is on a bare bottom level... a more talented and more accurate passer then his rookie counterpart. all i can remember is how amazing i felt after watching him connect with Moose in the HOF game way back in august.

Basically... i believe that once Healthy Rex gives you a better chance of maximizing what pass plays we do run... because he can make the throws that Kyle has shown unable at this point in his career. However, either way... this offense is not going to be much better because systematically.... were not engineered for the BIG play and we wont because we dont have to be... and because Kyle cant make the throws, and Rex isnt healthy enough to prove that he can.

In my heart i want Rex on the field (which i believe that he will be come game 1 of 06/07.... unless the wind blows too hard) but im not gonna argue if KO is still the QB come playoff time, because i cant see it bettering the team enormously.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
And those teams they played were Green Bay (32), Arizona (24), Detroit (21), Minny (38), Tampa Bay (34) and the Jets (30).

I'm counting only 1 really good defensive team there.

I really don't give a s*** where they rank. I'm sick of Bears haters acting like we have to apologize for being 9-3. They play the schedule that's presented to them. Nobody picked the Bears to do s*** this year. Now that they've proven everybody wrong, I'm hearing s*** how we haven't played anybody, or the defense isn't that good, it's just bad offense, ect, ect. Everybody said we couldn't beat Carolina, we crushed them. Then everybody said there was no way we could beat Tampa in Tampa, we did it. What more has to be done? Do we have to beat the Steelers on the road? Atlanta? Run the table? What's it gonna take for people to just recognize this is a good football team and leave it at that?

1 thing people may not have noticed... and again this is coming from Rex's biggest fan... i've seen him a few times on the sidelines... and he looks chubby (not the same chubby as i get in my pants when i see him, mind you) and im not sure if he really is "ready to play"

QUOTE(knightni @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:12 AM)
Honestly, I believe that the next game vs. Pittsburgh will show the Bears that they need to bench Orton in favor of Grossman.

If you want me to make predictions like i did for the Sox in the playoffs i will.... we both know how those went!

im pretty sure i said we'd lose 1 game?

Is that correct Knightni?