Bears vs Packers

Who said anything about apologizing? Everyone who has a brain recognizes the Bears defense if not the best(which it is by far) at least a top 3 unit. Its the offense that just completely sucks and in the playoffs is going to cost us. Orton hasnt done a thing going back to the 49ers game. b4 that he at least moved the offense a little but he has actually gotten worse.

And as for not making mistakes even though all we do is little passes and we run so much more he still seems to throw at least 1 interception every game. At this point Jeff Blake could do a better job running the offense hell id argue Kittner or whatevr the 4th string QB could do as good of a job as Orton is.

And its not the rest of the offense's fault... The running game has been awesome especially since we have no passing game, the O-Line has been great on run and passing plays, and believe it or not the WR's have been getting open a lot more than they are credited for and Orton keeps missing. The only guy who completely sucks is Desmond Clark :puke

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear that I saw a graphic that the Colts have the easiest schedule in the league. I certainly dont see them apologizing for whooping up on Jacksonville 35-3 yesterday. And I know for a fact that Tennessees defense isnt all that great right now.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 08:20 AM)
I swear that I saw a graphic that the Colts have the easiest schedule in the league.  I certainly dont see them apologizing for whooping up on Jacksonville 35-3 yesterday.  And I know for a fact that Tennessees defense isnt all that great right now.

They whooped up on Tennesee 35-3 yesterday. They get J-Ville next week.

QUOTE(knightni @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:12 AM)
Honestly, I believe that the next game vs. Pittsburgh will show the Bears that they need to bench Orton in favor of Grossman.

Hey, quick question, what is Orton's record? And just to compare, what is Grossman's?

Yeah, bench him for sure. :banghead

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
Hey, quick question, what is Orton's record?  And just to compare, what is Grossman's?

Yeah, bench him for sure. :banghead

I have a better question. Whats his passer rating?

If you think we're winning because of Orton you're on crack.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
I have a better question.  Whats his passer rating?

If you think we're winning because of Orton you're on crack.

Orton's QB rating is 60.2. It is the worst rating of any starting QB in the league by over 6 points. My question is no matter who were to start instead of Orton what would be the difference? When you are the WORST player in the league at your position how can the next person be any worse? It's truly amazing the Bears are able to win with at all right now when you look at their offensive statistics.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 04:15 AM)
If you want me to make predictions like i did for the Sox in the playoffs i will.... we both know how those went!

im pretty sure i said we'd lose 1 game?

Is that correct Knightni?

I'm pretty sure that the Bears wouldn't lose more than one game in the playoffs either. :cheers

The Orton/Grossman thing honestly isn't even an argument anymore. As soon as he's ready, Grossman should (and IMO will) be the QB, end of story. Orton is the worst QB in the NFL and it's not even close, and him playing QB and the Bears winning have NOTHING to do with each other. Orton on ANY other team would be about 3-9 this year, but damn did he find the right situation or what?

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Orton's QB rating is 60.2. It is the worst rating of any starting QB in the league by over 6 points. My question is no matter who were to start instead of Orton what would be the difference? When you are the WORST player in the league at your position how can the next person be any worse? It's truly amazing the Bears are able to win with at all right now when you look at their offensive statistics.

Can you imagine how much better Thomas Jones and Adrain Peterson would be with a decent passing game? The way things are now the opposing defenses can key in on those 2 because they know Orton aint gonna do s***.

I still have my friend arguing with me saying "yeah, but he wins games" "8 wins in the NFL"

Bulls***....they are winning in spite of him. Bears don't even need a good quaterback, they need an average quarterback and Orton isn't even that right now. Those 3 & outs are gonna kill us eventually. The defense will wear down without rest.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
I still have my friend arguing with me saying "yeah, but he wins games"  "8 wins in the NFL" 

Bulls***....they are winning in spite of him.  Bears don't even need a good quaterback, they need an average quarterback and Orton isn't even that right now.  Those 3 & outs are gonna kill us eventually.  The defense will wear down without rest.

The '85 team won with a stellar defense and a good offense. Jim McMahon wasn't the greatest thing going in 1985 ( except for them shades and that headband ) but he got it done and when he was hurt then Steve Fuller was there to pick him up ( then there was that Payton guy :) ) .

Fast forward 20 years and we have all the same elements in place except for a decent QB and if anything kills us this season thats going to be it. You hit the nail on the head when you said we're winning in spite of him.