Johnny Damon anyone?

soxfan420

perfect #2 hitter anf fills the cf whole strikes out about 80 times a year obp over .370 hits over .300 and good speed? why has no one mentioned him?

It would put the sox leaps beyond everyone else and would not have to trade anymore players, i think with that signing the sox would be done for the year on trades.

QUOTE(soxfan420 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
13 mill a year is not to bad but maybe im low balling him with increase in rev, and more support from the great people of chicago wouldn't now be the time to win back the city for good.

You want to pay Damon more then Konerko? The sad part is, he might get something outrageous like that. See: Rafael Furcal.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(soxfan420 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
13 mill a year is not to bad but maybe im low balling him with increase in rev

So the trade of Jim Thome and the re-signings of Jon Garland and A.J Pierzynski aren't going to fill out the payroll enough at it is already (not to mention a possible singing of Mueller or trade for Pierre).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 07:08 AM)
You want to pay Damon more then Konerko?  The sad part is, he might  get something outrageous like that.  See: Rafael Furcal.

i rather offer the money as an extension for mark b and tie him up for several more yrs.

QUOTE(soxfan420 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
perfect #2 hitter anf fills the cf whole strikes out about 80 times a year obp over .370 hits over .300 and good speed? why has no one mentioned him?

It would put the sox leaps beyond everyone else and would not have to trade anymore players, i think with that signing the sox would be done for the year on trades.

I've mentioned it a few times, though I always followed it up with "but it ain't gonna happen."

QUOTE(AirScott @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
I've mentioned it a few times, though I always followed it up with "but it ain't gonna happen."

Damon is an over-rated caveman who can't throw and really isn't all that good at hitting. Oh yeah and for some reason he is gonna get a fat contract. That's the last person I want on our team.

QUOTE(TheHawkaroo @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Damon is an over-rated caveman who can't throw and really isn't all that good at hitting. Oh yeah and for some reason he is gonna get a fat contract. That's the last person I want on our team.

Ummm :bang

If he gets a 7 year contract he wont be good at hitting at the end of it but currently thats dumb to say.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)

Whats up Scott. Hows life at Southern?

I've also mentioned it a few times. But w/ Boras as his agent and the money he is seeking. Only the Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees will be that dumb to pay him all that for that long. I say lets either put the kid (B. Anderson) out there. Or go after a cheaper, speedy #2 guy. I know everyone (including myself) has mentioned Pierre a plethora of times. But I don't think that will be happening. If KW gets someone- it will probably be via trade during the winter meetings. Stay tuned....

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
uhhhh, I think he's already signed for 2 more years.

you want to sign him to an 8 year deal or something?  lol

I remember last year in April fans were already freaking out about Paulee's and Jon G's contracts. Its just the nature of Sox fans. We love the security of having solid players on your team for years to come.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:13 AM)
Ummm  :bang 

If he gets a 7 year contract he wont be good at hitting at the end of it but currently thats dumb to say.

I'm not saying he's a bad hitter, but what's so good about him? Sure he has batted over .300 the last two years, but in one of the best lineups in one of the better hitting parks. I just think he is very over rated. He used to be better when he stole bases. I'll admit he will put up better numbers than our CF next year, but with an enourmous contract.