Mark B

LDF

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:00 AM)
I think it was said at one point MB would like to pitch for the cards....and think he would give them a real hometown discount

It is said about ten times a year... really annoying if you ask me. If he really wants to go to the cardinals shut up about it until you are a free agent and then talk about it. That is the one thing that has always annoyed me about buehrle.

He also said he would still like to spend most of his career as a whitesox just towards the end spend a couple with the Cards.

Although right now Im not worried about him maybe next off-season ill be thinking about his contract but thats a long time from now so no worries.

Trade Mark and Crede for their Mark and Rolen...

QUOTE(LDF @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:18 AM)
if i was the sox and kw, i would really jump on resigning mark in hopes that he is offering a home team discount. i would really not want to go longer than necessary and piss him off, losing out of signing him.

in my heart of hearts i really think that buehrle wants to play in st. louis, and that's his right in the future if he wants to make that choice.

id love to see him here for his entire career.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
It is said about ten times a year... really annoying if you ask me. If he really wants to go to the cardinals shut up about it until you are a free agent and then talk about it. That is the one thing that has always annoyed me about buehrle.

It's not his fault he gets asked about it a million times a year. He's mentioned it by himself once or twice that he'd like to play there maybe a year or two with his career winding down, the other teams that he's talked about it has been because the media has asked him about it.

Come on, who can really blame the guy? I mean really blame him. We can be upset that he'd like to play for another team at some point, but we all understand that feeling. Any of us would give anything to play for the Sox. If any of us were drafted by the Cardinals, I think we'd all like to one day put on a Sox jersey.

I can't say I'm going to be furious if Garland isn't resigned to a multi-year deal this offseason, solely because right now we don't really know what the market will be for him, and so we might have to overpay quite a bit to resign him. We could very well do with Garland exactly what we did with Konerko - let him test the waters, then match the deal he gets offered from others.

But if there's any way to make sure Mark Buehrle doesn't hit the FA Market until he's 35, I would not care what it cost us.