Buying a Bed

RockRaines

I just recently bought a new condo in the loop. And I am in the process of buying all new furniture etc for my place. The logical next step in my process is picking out a new bed and mattress and box spring. I go to the mattress store and begin looking at what looks to me, the same bed with 100 different names. So I beging to lay on them, sit on them, bounce on them. The salesmen asks me if I can feel the independent springs supporting my back and hips. All I feel underneith me is an overpriced version of the bed I just sat on 2 min before. He takes me to different brands, sizes, firmness, they all pretty much feel the same to me. He briefs my on the latest technology, wrapped springs, titanium frames etc etc. I cant even begin to decide!!

I guess I will just go back again today and lay on some more models.

-end rant

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
I think I'm one of the last 10 people in America that still has a waterbed. Have had one since I was ten years old.

Everytime I sleep on a regular matress I wake up with a sore back...

yeah, I roll over alot when I sleep I've been told, and that would just make it like sleeping in a raft on the ocean.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
yeah, I roll over alot when I sleep I've been told, and that would just make it like sleeping in a raft on the ocean.

Actually the waveless matresses aren't too bad. It's still the waterbed feel without a lot of the sloshing around.

I have found recently that it's not easy to find sheets for them anymore. I don't know what I'll do if I ever have to buy a new matress or heater. I need new railing covers as it is...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
I just recently bought a new condo in the loop.  And I am in the process of buying all new furniture etc for my place.  The logical next step in my process is picking out a new bed and mattress and box spring.  I go to the mattress store and begin looking at what looks to me, the same bed with 100 different names.  So I beging to lay on them, sit on them, bounce on them.  The salesmen asks me if I can feel the independent springs supporting my back and hips.  All I feel underneith me is an overpriced version of the bed I just sat on 2 min before.  He takes me to different brands, sizes, firmness, they all pretty much feel the same to me.  He briefs my on the latest technology, wrapped springs, titanium frames etc etc.  I cant even begin to decide!! 

I guess I will just go back again today and lay on some more models.

-end rant

Might try one of those Temure-pedic mattresses!

We got one of the foam mattress covers like the tempur-pedic and it really helps.

Don't wake up feeling stiff and sore in the morning!

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
Might try one of those Temure-pedic mattresses!

We got one of the foam mattress covers like the tempur-pedic and it really helps.

Don't wake up feeling stiff and sore in the morning!

Seriously, when I tried out the beds, they all felt the same. I am going to check out another place tonight as well.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
The bigger the better. I love my big comfy bed.

i've never had anything bigger than a twin bed.

I don't know what i'd do if i actually had a decent sized bed, probably cry.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
i've never had anything bigger than a twin bed.

I don't know what i'd do if i actually had a decent sized bed, probably cry.

I can't sleep on a twin bed. Its so hard. I have a full at my dads and a queen at my moms and it took me a while to adjust to the full. I roll around too much when I sleep.

Odd twist...but I have came up with a theory that you either drool or snore when you sleep.

If you snore, than you don't drool and if you drool than you don't snore. Don't ask me how I came up with it, its just one of the stupid things I thought of one day when I realized I always drool and have never snored in my life.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Odd twist...but I have came up with a theory that you either drool or snore when you sleep. 

If you snore, than you don't drool and if you drool than you don't snore.  Don't ask me how I came up with it, its just one of the stupid things I thought of one day when I realized I always drool and have never snored in my life.

at least your putting that college education to good use :lol:

PS: you're absolutely right when i think about it.

I'm a drooler

I miss my bed a ton. The college matress isn't horrible, but I now fall asleep almost instantly when I go home.

The only way to go with a matress is testing them. I suggest sleeping around.....a lot.

I'd suggest Jas, but I believe he's only an expert on those little kid racecar-mobile kiddy beds.