Baseball Tonight

IlliniKrush

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Great Krush. Now we have have a 4 page thread about how ESPN only likes Boston and NY. :P  :P  :P

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be watching.

lol, well I'm ready to write a scathing post about them ripping on the PK signing and the Thome trade!!

Well, considering the most interesting storyline for baseball right now is whether or not 1 of the top 5 hitters in baseball will remain in Boston next season or what Boston will get in return, I don't think I'd mind too much if the coverage focused on Boston.

The White Sox are already done doing most of their damage...now we just need to start locking guys up and finding 1 fairly cheap backup infielder to go along with Pablo.

Now we get to see what our competition does to try to catch up with us.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
Well, considering the most interesting storyline for baseball right now is whether or not 1 of the top 5 hitters in baseball will remain in Boston next season or what Boston will get in return, I don't think I'd mind too much if the coverage focused on Boston.

The White Sox are already done doing most of their damage...now we just need to start locking guys up and finding 1 fairly cheap backup infielder to go along with Pablo.

Now we get to see what our competition does to try to catch up with us.

Willie Harris not doing it for you?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
Willie Harris not doing it for you?

Not if Pablo spends significant time either playing the outfield or starting at 3rd because of Crede's back. Our other outfield options are Timo (Please God let him go) and Borchard (gigantic question mark) so Pablo may be needed out there...and Harris is just not enough to backup every other infield spot.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
Here is a preview of the spot:

Cubs, Cubs Cubs, Red Sox Red Sox, Manny, Manny, Damon, Yankees, mets.

You forgot Bonds and his 40 pound head.

Who wants to bet Peter Gammons' most important thing for this upcoming season is Griffey coming back from injuries and proving himself? Peter never changes it.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
You forgot Bonds and his 40 pound head.

Who wants to bet Peter Gammons' most important thing for this upcoming season is Griffey coming back from injuries and proving himself?  Peter never changes it.

I'll take that, I think he will say the most important thing is for the Red Sox/ Yankees to continue to develop minor leaguers instead of overspending on FA's like in previous years.

Edited by RockRaines

Seeing as the Sox have had the biggest moves thus far as well as being World Series champs they will touch on this then go to in depth coverage of Josh Beckett, Papelbon to closer and the state of the union in regard to Manny. Then jump to Yankee money issues and Johnny Damon. I feel a bad wrap coming to the cub for not getting Furcal but wetting themselves over the overpayment for their bullpen. The bonds coverage up the ass followed by the steroid siuation.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
Seeing as the Sox have had the biggest moves thus far as well as being World Series champs they will touch on this then go to in depth coverage of Josh Beckett, Papelbon to closer and the state of the union in regard to Manny.  Then jump to Yankee money issues and Johnny Damon.  I feel a bad wrap coming to the cub for not getting Furcal but wetting themselves over the overpayment for their bullpen.  The bonds coverage up the ass followed by the steroid siuation.

Dont forget the coverage on the cubs and how getting lugo, and pierre is the best move they couldve made.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
Meet the Mets.... Come on down and meet the Mets........

quit complaining everyone...right now the mets are the most active team out there and they have had the most interesting past few days. they should talk about them the most because right now tehy are the biggest story in offseason baseball. just be glad we arent a team like the rockies who never get talked about

Let them slobber all over these other teams, they were wrong before and chances are they will be wrong again.

By the way as I mentioned to my underground friend this morning I don't think anything will happen with Bill Mueller until after the arbitration deadline becuase it would cost draft choices to sign him now ... he is a Group A.

QUOTE(JimH @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Well that does it, let's call off the 2006 season.  These guys get dumber and dumber.

Harold and John have never even heard of Brian Anderson, I'll almost guarantee you that. That's what makes everything they say so funny, that's the main beef I have with espn, their analysts just dont do any research.