X-Men 3 Teaser trailer is on-line!

RibbieRubarb

I'm not much of a comic book geek, in fact I never really read them in my youth.

But I do enjoy the movies and this one looks great.

The thing I enjoyed about the X-Men films is the quality of actors they employ. It seems like a great theatrical company performing a superhero play for us.

Look for Kelsey Grammer in his first major post-"Frasier" role as the blue, monstrous, hairy, 3 piece suit-wearing Beast.

On a funny note, I'm heading to London in the beginning of January to see a few shows, one of which stars Ian McKellan in drag. Should be fun.

Enjoy in quicktime glory!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Grammar looks AWESOME as beast.  they did a real good job.

^^^

Haven't watched the trailer yet, but I saw an article in USA Today about it. I guess this is probably the last X-Men movie, but they're going to continue with a Wolverine spin-off w/ Jackman. That should be cool.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
^^^

Haven't watched the trailer yet, but I saw an article in USA Today about it.  I guess this is probably the last X-Men movie, but they're going to continue with a Wolverine spin-off w/ Jackman.  That should be cool.

Oh I sincerely doubt that. Those movies have endless storylines and profit streams. Marvel will keep churning them out as long as they want. This will probably be the last X men with the current core cast though.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Too bad I don't have quicktime loaded up on my computer to watch it.

I'm not sure if you have the same problem but Quicktime screwed me. When they changed to Quicktime 7 they didn't have an edition compatible with s***ty Windows ME (what I got). So now I pretty much can't watch any of these wicked new trailers.

Looks good. Looks like it has some of the Days of Future Past storyline in it, but without Sentinels and with a different X lineup. Maybe a little Dark Phoenix story arc in there as well, the way Jean was throwing stuff around in the teaser.

Angel looks good. The Beast makeup looks a little stiff.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
I'm not sure if you have the same problem but Quicktime screwed me.  When they changed to Quicktime 7 they didn't have an edition compatible with s***ty Windows ME (what I got).  So now I pretty much can't watch any of these wicked new trailers.

Yeah my problems about the same as yours.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Looks good.  Looks like it has some of the Days of Future Past storyline in it, but without Sentinels and with a different X lineup.  Maybe a little Dark Phoenix story arc in there as well, the way Jean was throwing stuff around in the teaser.

Angel looks good.  The Beast makeup looks a little stiff.

and the juggernaut costume does too....looks fake. I though he would be bigger than what he appeared to be in the trailer

Ok...I haven't watched it yet, but, let me just say I was more pumped for this film than Star Wars Episdode III and Lord of the Rings combined.

Never a comic book fan, but loved the X-men cartoons as a kid and absolutely love the films.

Again, haven't seen it yet, but Phoneix is going to kick all forms of ass.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Ok...I haven't watched it yet, but, let me just say I was more pumped for this film than Star Wars Episdode III and Lord of the Rings combined.

Never a comic book fan, but loved the X-men cartoons as a kid and absolutely love the films.

yeah....despite the costume flaws (maybe they look flawed because there is only a glimpse of them in the trailer.) this movie is going to kick ass

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
Maybe a little Dark Phoenix story arc in there as well, the way Jean was throwing stuff around in the teaser.

That's my guess, too. We know Phoenix is in it because of the end of the second film and looking at Jean's persona, I think Dark Phoneix is in the cards.

Can't f'ing wait.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
yeah....despite the costume flaws (maybe they look flawed because there is only a glimpse of them in the trailer.) this movie is going to kick ass

I was worried there for awhile. They were having a tough time getting this one off the ground, but, luckily they have the original cast still in-tact and will be able to complete the triology. Can't wait.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)

This series is my pride and joy aswell. I love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, but nothing beats X-Men in my opinion.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 04:41 AM)
They think his charecter is too much like Cyclops or something. But thank you so much for posting this trailer RibbieRubarb. I love X-Men.

Really? Did they say that somewhere? I don't know how they can think they are alike. Gambit is a cajun from New Orleans that holds crap and charges them up with energy and chucks em at people and has bad one liners while Cyclops is nerdy and annoying and always getting pissed off when other guys are creepin up on his woman and being insecure. Gambit is a player and Cyclops is a square. I would have loved seeing Gambit in the movie.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
Really?  Did they say that somewhere?  I don't know how they can think they are alike.  Gambit is a cajun from New Orleans that holds crap and charges them up with energy and chucks em at people and has bad one liners while Cyclops is nerdy and annoying and always getting pissed off when other guys are creepin up on his woman and being insecure.  Gambit is a player and Cyclops is a square.  I would have loved seeing Gambit in the movie.

I just think they figured with Rogue already in the lineup it would be one too many bad cajun/southern accents if they had gambit as well. :D