eBay feedback...

Steff

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
Protocol on leaving feedback..

Seller first when payment is made.. or buyer first when item is received?

As a seller, I usually wait for the person to receive the item and leave their feedback saying they got it and are satisfied with it. Then you know the transaction is complete.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
As a seller, I usually wait for the person to receive the item and leave their feedback saying they got it and are satisfied with it. Then you know the transaction is complete.

Hmm.. I was thinking praise to fast payment, etc, would come first. :huh

I always leave feedback when the other party has completed their end of the transaction. I find that large sellers rarely leave feedback and when they do, it is canned. I do not place much faith in the feedback system. Too much threat of retaliation in the feedback. I have two negatives, both from the same seller, at the same time because I posted negative on him.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
I always wait for the seller to leave feedback first if I am the buyer.  If I am the seller I check and make sure that the buyer recieved everything OK first, and then I leave feedback.

As a seller I always leave feedback first...

I bought something and didn't get it yet (just ended Sunday night and I paid immediately) and the seller is hounding me to leave feedback.. :huh

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
I always leave feedback when the other party has completed their end of the transaction. I find that large sellers rarely leave feedback and when they do, it is canned. I do not place much faith in the feedback system. Too much threat of retaliation in the feedback. I have two negatives, both from the same seller, at the same time because I posted negative on him.

that is exactly why I wait to leave feedback. Even if it means no feedback at all gets left, so be it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)

I bought something and didn't get it yet (just ended Sunday night and I paid immediately) and the seller is hounding me to leave feedback..  :huh

Report his ass to Ebay, that's in violation of their TOS.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
that is exactly why I wait to leave feedback.  Even if it means no feedback at all gets left, so be it.

Ditto. And I doubt I would ever leave negative feedback. I've had reasons to (nothing major).. but sometimes it's just better to say nothing at all.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)

I bought something and didn't get it yet (just ended Sunday night and I paid immediately) and the seller is hounding me to leave feedback..  :huh

I would never leave feedback until their end of the transaction was completed.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
Hmm.. I was thinking praise to fast payment, etc, would come first.  :huh

You can always mention the fast payment when you leave the feedback.

I sold a GI Joe figure one time and when the buyer got it he found a tiny little crack that I had overlooked and wanted a refund. I didn't have a problem with it and went ahead with the refund and we both agree on positive feedback in the end.

If things would have gotten ugly I wouldn't have wanted to leave positive feedback beforehand.

As a buyer I leave feedback as soon as I get the item.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
Too much threat of retaliation in the feedback. I have two negatives, both from the same seller, at the same time because I posted negative on him.

I hardly use ebay, but the last time I did I left the seller negative feedback and she totally freaked out. Email after frickin email about her stupid feedback rating. Emails like "i'll get you". It was kinda funny.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Contacting them is one thing, hounding them is another.

Yea.. 4 emails since it ended. First.. Hey.. mailing your item tomorrow, don't forget to leave feedback. #2 - yesterday - mailed your item, dont forget to leave feedback. #3.. just wondering if you're getting my emails.. you didn't leave feedback yet.. #4.. are you going to leave feedback?

:unsure:

And FYI.. feedback is totally voluntary. You don't have to leave it.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
I hardly use ebay, but the last time I did I left the seller negative feedback and she totally freaked out.  Email after frickin email about her stupid feedback rating. Emails like "i'll get you".  It was kinda  funny.

If you don't mind saying.. what happened that you left negative feedback?

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Ditto. And I doubt I would ever leave negative feedback. I've had reasons to (nothing major).. but sometimes it's just better to say nothing at all.

I left neutral once. I paid for something and then waited 3 weeks to receive it. I emailed the seller a couple of times and his response was that he kept "forgetting" to take it to the post office. I finally got it and it was in good condition so that was my only complaint.

The only time I've left negative is when a buyer refused to pay and ignored numerous emails and a dispute set up through ebay. After I did it he left me one saying he paid and I try to make him pay twice. :rolly

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
If you don't mind saying.. what happened that you left negative feedback?

I sent her a money order for the auction I won. A little over a month later I got the package in the mail. I thought a month was way too long. She said it would be there in a week.

Lol...I just leave feedback whenever I either get paid (seller) or when I recieve the item (buyer). I've probably done over 400 ebay transactions and only have 225 feedback (no negatives)...I could careless if I get the feedback as long as I avoid any negatives. Once you have 100 plus without a negative people trust you.

e-Bay feedback used to mean something, means nothing now, imo........I have had so much no feedback left for me, i refuse to leave it first, either as a buyer or seller, until it's left for me first, that's my policy on it, others may have their own views........

:gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2:

:cheers

Edited by SoCalSouthSider59

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Protocol on leaving feedback..

Seller first when payment is made.. or buyer first when item is received?

As a seller I leave feedback when the payment is made.

As a buyer I make sure the product is what I ordered and it works properly. Then I leave feedback.