eBay feedback...

Steff

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Report his ass to Ebay, that's in violation of their TOS.

Does that even help? I remember my dad bought some CD’s, all of them worth around $25, and he never received them. He contacted Ebay to report the seller and he never received a reply from them.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
He went here, http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html but that obviously didn’t help because no one answered him. The thing is that he paid with a money order but he lost the receipt for it. Otherwise things would have been different.

How long ago was it? If it has been 60 days or less you can still use the link I posted.

I've sent them emails about their shipping calculator not calculating shipping costs properly and got a response (albeit not the one I wanted and it seemed pretty canned anyway) a couple of times.

I've also forwarded them phishing emails I've gotten and got a response as well.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
As a seller I leave feedback when the payment is made.

As a buyer I make sure the product is what I ordered and it works properly. Then I leave feedback.

^

To be honest though, I avoid eBay like the plague for the last year or two. Brain is the one that bids/sells.

I have sold a lot of items on ebay...as a seller I always wait till the buyer receives item then leave feedback. As a buyer I wait till I receive item to leave feedback.

I was burned bad one time on ebay...$1400 was the winning bid, guy never paid or contacted me. Still to this day there is an open dispute....

As a seller I typically leave feedback when I receive payment

As a buyer I leave Feedback when I receive the good and it is as expected

I always figure the seller is the 1st to leave feedback.

I rarely use Ebay anymore, but just recently (thanks to packing up and getting ready for a move) I've found some stuff I don't use anymore and have gotten rid of it.

Ebay was a much better place to buy stuff a few years back, but you are able to get more money for stuff you sell now (since they have such a widespread reach).

My experiences are similar to alot of those here. I have sold occasionaly, and left feedbackonce payment was received. I had bought alot more, and refused to leave feedback if it was not left for me first. I have left a few neutrals and negs over the years, and as you might expect, if you do that first, the sellers tend to go bonkers. Oh well. The worst was some baseball cards I had bought. After paying promptly, and waiting 3 weeks, no cards. So I emailed the seller asking for a shipping status, and got back a response that was very lengthy and verbose, but basically said that since I didn't want to pay for 'premium' shipping, I would get my cards when he got around to it. They showed up a week later, so I left a neutral about the slow shipping, and got back this:

[/quoteSELLER BEWARE , DONT SELL HERE WONT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS THEN BLAMES SELLER.

kpfields ( 4494) Apr-17-00 07:01 269565293

Reply by twojudds: can you say 'attitude'? ask for status, get back 'didn't pay for that service'

Then several emails foloowed about ohw he was going to get me kicked off ebay, that he was 'in' with hundreds of sellers and would have me banned from buying from them, etc. I sent them all to Ebay, but nothing has happened to the guy, that I know of. He seems to like to call his bad sellers 'flakes'. Leave it if you feel like it, or not.