Sox Autographs

tonyho7476

Now that the Sox have won the WS, it seems like there are a lot more autograph signings. Anyone know of any coming up? What's the best way to keep track of these events? Any help would be awesome.

So far, from the 2005 team, I have Politte, Jenks, Konerko, Rowand, Uribe, Raines, Garcia, and Everett.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Not sure on a schedule.

Best bet will be Soxfest.

From 2005 who I have:

Konerko, Crede, Podsednik, Rowand, Pierzynski, Dye, Hermanson, Thomas, Buehrle, Garland, Bajenaru, Borchard, Harris, Gload

Problem is, that is sold out. :crying

If you get a chance to talk to Baj at SoxFest, anyone from Soxtalk should try to stop by and say hi. He's been nothing but great to us, plus I might as well have a mancrush on him (not like Jason's mancrushes). He's a good guy, and I wouldn't expect him to have a long line.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
Book a flight out to AZ if its at all possible Tony.  You could get whatever auto you want there, plus you get to enjoy great weather and you get a quick early baseball fix.

So spring training is the way to go. Ok. I've never been...maybe its time.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
If you get a chance to talk to Baj at SoxFest, anyone from Soxtalk should try to stop by and say hi. He's been nothing but great to us, plus I might as well have a mancrush on him (not like Jason's mancrushes). He's a good guy, and I wouldn't expect him to have a long line.

I've talked to him a couple of times at games, he is a very nice guy.

I'm too lazy to do it the hard way, I just bought a team signed photo. :P The only players that were on the roster that it was missing were Everett, Harris, and Widger. As for getting them the hard way, I'd just keep an eye out. Sometimes a notice will come up in the paper that someone will be signing somewhere. Obviously Soxfest is the easy answer if you can get a ticket. Another good option is some of the larger card shows in Chicago. I think the big Sun Times sponsored show was a couple of weeks ago (I know at least a couple of guys were there), but there should be at least one more later in the year (usually one in like August, and I think late March). Obviously you have to pay to get them, but it's a bit easier than trying to track down whatever guys you are missing at the game or at Spring Training.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
I'm too lazy to do it the hard way, I just bought a team signed photo.  :P The only players that were on the roster that it was missing were Everett, Harris, and Widger. As for getting them the hard way, I'd just keep an eye out. Sometimes a notice will come up in the paper that someone will be signing somewhere. Obviously Soxfest is the easy answer if you can get a ticket. Another good option is some of the larger card shows in Chicago. I think the big Sun Times sponsored show was a couple of weeks ago (I know at least a couple of guys were there), but there should be at least one more later in the year (usually one in like August, and I think late March). Obviously you have to pay to get them, but it's a bit easier than trying to track down whatever guys you are missing at the game or at Spring Training.

Widger is signing this weekend up in Deerfield.

For those of you interested I read there's a few players autographing this weekend at the Deerfiled Hyatt. For tix call Schwartz Sports Inc 847-412-1965.

The thing in the suntimes had prices next to each name, so I don't know if you have to pay for each one or what.

Garland, AJ, Jenks, Widger and Cotts

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
For those of you interested I read there's a few players autographing this weekend at the Deerfiled Hyatt.  For tix call Schwartz Sports Inc 847-412-1965. 

The thing in the suntimes had prices next to each name, so I don't know if you have to pay for each one or what. 

Garland, AJ, Jenks, Widger and Cotts

yeah I think Widger and Cotts are $29 each. Garland and AJ $59. They also added Uribe for $49.

THe problem with Sportsfest in June and Sun-Times in March is that they are hard shows to get active baseball palyers for because of the Spring Training and the regular season. Hopefully, the sox will be at home when sportsfest is going on. November is the easiest one for the players to get to unless you are Freddy Garcia........still bitter......