I wouldn't normally do this..

Steff

Please bear with me..

Jim's daughter delivered a baby boy, Joesph Andrew, sometime around noon today. Unfortunately he was born with his cord wrapped around his neck twice, tightly, and was not breathing. The medical team was able to resuscitate him however he has yet to breathe unassisted. Apparently he is going to require some sort of surgery and is being transferred to UIC as I type this.

If you all wouldn't mind, could you maybe think a little thought, or say a little prayer for him.

Thank you..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It turns out that he was born with a diaphoretic hernia (sp?) which is a condition that forced her to lose her first pregnancy. He is being rushed to UC (not UIC as I initially was told - and from what I have been told is better suited) for emergency surgery.

Thank you guys for the thoughts, prayers, and emails.

It turns out now that they can't do surgery immediately because his blood is not oxygenated enough which is a result of his lungs being restricted by the hernia. His intestines are literally strangling his lungs. I don't know what happens now.... he is stable on a respirator and medicated comfortably. Wait and see I guess.

Thank you again everyone.

He's got a good middle name. :D

Steff in this hard time, I hope things turn out for the best. It can't be easy for you and your family at all for the moment, but everyone here hopes that the surgery the baby gets is successful, and hopefully he can live a good, normal life. :)

And thanks for sharing that pic as well.

Edited by DBAH0